TV Shows that got cancelled too soon

December 3, 2015

TV shows I used to love
Photography by Jamieanne via Flickr
This one’s a little tribute all the lovely shows I started watching one fine day, developed an interest and what do you know? A few seasons later it has been cancelled with no reason and explanation. The show comes abruptly to an end with no explanation whatsoever leaving burning questions on my mind. Did my favourite character ever decide to go back home? Did they have more kids? and the likes. Some hearts are shattered, some tears are shed(as they make their parting episode extra emotional) and then we literally move onto the next because of the emptiness every Tuesday night. Some of these shows are easily forgotten and not heard of again(not even reruns?).This list spans over a couple of years so it starts from back when I was only 15 to the current year. 

#1 Hart of Dixie – 
This one goes first on the list because the setting was perfect and the happiest, fuzziest thing to me. It was a show set in a country town ( Southern U.S.A) called Bluebell where everyone had the best country style honestly and their accents were to die for. The ladies were primed, perfect and poised and the men so hot and the strong kind who can possibly rodeo for real( or at least look like they do). They always had so many festivals and events and those people sure took their town seriously and it was the sweetest community I’ve ever seen on a show. They did have their ocassional funny punches and of course, Rachel Bilson’s outfits were to die for, who is actually a doctor on the show and comes to Bluebell from New York and stands out from everyone else. It has been cancelled after four seasons but honestly I’d re-watch them only for it’s cheesy and perfect at it.

#2 Bunheads – 
This one was  shocker because it  had one of those abrupt endings  and it seemed like the writers weren’t expecting it to be cancelled and bam, it disappears with no clear goodbye said. This one only ran for one season which breaks my heart because I think it had the potential to be a good show in the future. This one was based around a Las Vegas performer(Sutton Foster) who marries a guy while she is drunk, who in turn introduces her to his mother, a very famous ballet dancer in the past who runs a little ballet training class. She expresses her old love for ballet and becomes a mentor for all the little ballet-loving, inspiring high school girls of the town and their relationship develop into a sweet and loving one. They also throw in some great ballet performances and it’s sad to know that we never really come to know exactly how Michelle’s life turned out.

#3 The Lying Game  
This one was very well known as a Pretty Little Liars spin off or people thought so because of the twin factor which is a major spoiler from the PLL Books but the show doesn’t follow the exact story. Twins, Sutton and Emma are very well on the lines of the perfect angsty, rich one who was adopted and the poor, down to earth one who is living in a foster care system. They meet for the first time and plan to exchange their lives for a short while so that they can live like each other and together they try to solve the mystery of their mother. I was quite enjoying the series, the boys were quite good as well and some great twists were coming up in their love lives but the ending seemed rushed and it was unsatisfying because obviously they had to be cancelled after two seasons.

#4 SleepOver Club  
I’m used to be head over heels in love with this Australian teen-series that used to air on old school Nickelodeon or something similar when I was a teenager about 13-14 and it was actually based around the daily life, loves and problems of five relatable girls who liked to call themselves the ‘Sleepover Club’ which I thought was the cleverest thing ever, at the time. They had a sleepover at each of their places every weekend and did get up to some fun things and sneaking. This series honestly brings back so many memories and I think I might just enjoy it out of the thrill of watching it after all these years. It had only one season which I thoroughly enjoyed and I can’t be sure about this one if it was supposed to be a one part series or it was cancelled. I like to believe I would have enjoyed a lot more episodes.

Have you watched any of these shows and loved them? If yes, then let's fangirl together and if not, let me know what are your favourites that aren't on the TV anymore? 

10 comments

  1. I used to love the sleepover club!! You have made me want to watch it now lol

    Jodie// littlemissminnie1993.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Hart of Dixie was cancelled! I have heard about the show but never watched it. It sounds very cute and something that I would be interested in. I think The Sleepover Club ran it's natural course and was intended as a one season show. They did make a new Sleepover club series a few years back with new actors replacing the original girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of the new season of Sleepover club but I have a feeling it wouldn't be as good as it was with the original girls. x The Hart of Dixie is a really short and sweet show now that it's over, I hope you watch it.

      Delete
  3. I agree on Hart of Dixie! I want to know Zoe and Wade's married life with their baby, Lemon and Lavon's married life, and how George and Annabeth's relationship while focusing on their careers. Yes, that show got cancelled too soon. I also like to add "Selfie" that show got really great reviews and really teaches us a lot of lessons about this generations obsessions and vanity. And the cast were great too and diverse without looking force, unlike other shows. But the viewer ratings probably weren't good and got cancelled after first season.

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely! I think I shipped Zoe and Wade for so long but when they were finally together, the show sort of ended. Lemon and Lavon ended up being one of my favourite ships too. Their wedding was beautiful! I haven't actually watched 'Selfie' but I've seen the promos I think. I will check it out :) xx

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, I was just talking about the Sleepover Club with some friends on Friday night haha. Do you remember Flash Forward? It was made by the same people who did Lost about the black out where everyone has a vision of what they'll be doing on the same date in the future? I was gutted when that got cancelled :( x

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My Gosh! Yes! I remember that one. My favourite one has to be the one in which they all write down their fears on pieces on paper and then slowly discover whose fear is what.It was probably the best thing I had seen as a teenager x

      Delete
  5. Another show that got cancelled way too soon is Freaks and Geeks! It's absolutely hilarious but they only came out with one season, unfortunately. I guess the show's themes were a little too intense for vanilla 90s television, but they honestly wouldn't bat an eyelash today.

    -Alex
    A Northern Light

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. There have been so many shows that came way too ahead of their time and that's why they failed but looking back they all look pretty great. I love watching older shows even now when I have nothing to watch from the current shows. x

      Delete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.