My Short Hair Routine

July 19, 2015

Summer has been going on in full swing and I have had a love hate relationship with it since I was a teenager. I love the bright, photogenic weather, ice-creams and evening walks but what I hate is the humidity and frizzy hair. I had really fine, long hair for the longest time (about 3 years) and I wanted a change. So I decided to muster up some courage and cut off about 8 inches of my hair and got a cool, chic bob haircut for the spring season. I have had it for a couple of months and plan on getting regular trims every few weeks. I have also been maintaining it till summer’s over and then I can finally start growing it a bit. I noticed a lot of changes in my hair routine since I’ve had this new haircut and I’ll take you through it step by step. 
#1 Shampoo & Conditioner
I have been using the L’oreal Volumetry Shampoo once a week and I use Tresemme Climate Control Shampoo on the other days that I wash my hair which is usually 2 other times. I like how the salicylic acid based Volumtery shampoo clears my scalp because I have a naturally oily scalp. The Tresemme one keeps it balanced and prevents it from attracting too much moisture which can make it extra greasy on hot summer days. I use the matching tresemme conditioner, only a pea sized amount on my ends.

#2 Air Dry
The best part about having short hair is you can ditch the blow dryer if you have very little time to spare. My hair dries in under 15-20 mins and that’s the amount of time I need to get ready and leaves enough time at the end to do my hair. Everything fits my schedule perfectly and is a much healthier option for my tresses. I actually haven't used my hair dryer in a couple of months now,

#3 Serum/ Spray
While my hair is air drying, I like to spray some Toni & Guy Sea Salt Spray into my hair to give it a little bit of texture. I love how this particular one smells. It feels a little sticky when you first spray it on but it dries fast and gives my hair a messy look on days when I’m feeling lazy or running short of time. It’s super easy and a two second process (spray and scrunch) which makes it so handy even in the mornings. On days when I want to have smoother hair, I use the Ogx Brazilian Keratin Therapy Serum. Days when I'm going out or want to look a little more put together.

#4 Styling
When I use the sea salt spray, I just brush it out a little and like to go for the au naturale and carefree look. This is basically my everyday routine. If I want a little bit more structure in my hair, I'll proceed to curl my hair and spray a little more beach spray to finish. On the Keratin Therapy Serum days, I’ll go ahead and straighten my hair. I use the Philips Salon Straight straightening iron. I have naturally straight hair so I don't really have to use hair spray on a daily basis and I do not prefer the crunchy feeling in my hair. All I need is the straightener to straighten out the wavy bits at the ends mainly caused by funny sleep patterns.

#5 Treatment
I have stopped using hair masks currently because it worked well on my longer hair but since I have shorter hair now, it weighs it down and makes the roots greasy. I use a natural oil treatment once a week or once in two weeks because it is quite effective. I mix a little bit of coconut oil with a few drops of any essential oil( lavender/teatree).
And I’m done! That’s how easy my hair care routine is ever since I cut my hair.It can be done under 5 minutes once my hair has dried. Perks of having short hair is you save on a lot of time, you get very little to none of those deadly hair breaking knots and the hair looks like it has a lot of volume and doesn't just lie flat.

14 comments

  1. Yes to having a short hair! Haha but I don't really have a routine for it. I just comb it then I am good to go. I kinda' envy yours 'cause it's bubbly and that is all I am aiming for. Also, I am not consistent with my shampoos :/

    Lou | wander-soul.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just combing also works pretty well on my good hair days. Try out some sea salt spray for volume xx

      Delete
  2. I don't have a routine for my hair. Omg, I should have.

    Dice, '96 Wild Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should especially after you're back from travelling. x

      Delete
  3. I love air-drying my hair because it's so much healthier but my hair is sooo long now that I can't do that anymore because of how long it takes! x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. It is best to avoid heat as much as you can if you also style your hair everyday. x

      Delete
  4. I have a love-hate relationship with summer to except makes my hair frizzy. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think short hair is too high-maintenance for me. I'm so lazy with my hair - i don't think I've properly brushed it in weeks! You make it look so easy though! :)

    ippykrispy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what you'll get with short hair though. If you don't brush your hair, you might wake up with the 'bedhead' hair.x

      Delete
  6. This is really cool! Love it X Minale
    My latest post: http://minaleme.blogspot.be/2015/07/pinky-polka.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am I the only one who doesn't have hair routines? hahaha I'm just lazy with my hair. I should develop a routine too *im inspired by your post! :)*

    Lei, THE LEI REGEEL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your hair is shiny and healthy then I think you're doing fine and don't have to have a rigid routine. I needed one because mine was getting quite damaged. xx

      Delete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.