Korean Beauty : Fresh Jeju Lotus Soothing Gel by The Face Shop

May 4, 2017

fresh-jeju-lotus-soothing-gel-review-the-face-shop
While I've been gone, I've found a new interest in Korean beauty products. I had a look around at what they had to offer one fine day and had a little 'Have I been living under a rock?' moment. I've been hooked onto trying more and more since then. So don't be surprised if you see a few less talked about products or things that may not be easily available in stores on here. They do their job really well so it's a worth a mention on my blog. Anyway when it comes to beauty, I like a challenge. Tracking down a product after some effort makes it so much more satisfying to finally use it. Just me?

So let's talk about this face gel/moisturiser/aftersun mask (?)That's the thing about korean beauty products. A lot of them do more than one thing. They're big on multitasking and that's one of the reasons I was really intrigued about such products. You never know what they'll do for your skin until you try them and the results are usually quite interesting.

Quantity : 285 ml

Shelf Life : 12M

What it claims : Fresh Lotus Gel is made up of clear, glass like beads that contain Lotus Flower Extract from Jeju Island. This multipurpose gel protects against harmful environment aggressors , soothes tired skin and can be used daily or after sun exposure.

Free from: Parabens, Tar colorant, Mineral Oil, Talc & Paraffin.

Price : Around $10 but it can go up to $20 depends on where you're buying it from. 

The first thing I did is google Jeju island because I am a beauty nerd like that. Jeju Island is also known as the 'Island of the Gods' and is well known for it's volcanoes and tropical beaches. I've seen a lot of volcanic beauty products from this range too and now it all makes sense. Probably next up on my list!
Now onto this particular product, It's a soothing gel for sensitive skin that can be used a daily moisturizer after a shower, or after you've been exposed to the sun or hanging out at the beach. It also claims to brighten tired skin and can be used on the face and the body. 

One of the first things I noticed about it is it's essentially like an aloe vera gel. The ones you can pick up from the drugstore and have a bright green colour. I'm sure you've come across or tried one of those at least once in your lifetime. I wanted to know how this product is different from those. This one is infused with lotus extract and I'm glad it doesn't have any artificial colours in it. It's a transparent gel and the only pink hue you can see is from the packaging. It's got a faint floral scent to it but nothing overpowering. In fact I find it very refreshing because of it's scent like I'm hanging out in a tropical garden.
fresh-jeju-lotus-soothing-gel-review-the-face-shop

The minute I apply this onto my skin, it has a very cooling sensation like I've just sprayed my face with a mist. It has a light, whipped jelly like texture that sinks into the skin fairly fast without that stickiness that other aloe vera gels have which is why I had sworn off them entirely. I absolutely hate feeling anything on my skin when the weather is getting hot and humid. This is not sticky at all and the wet feeling disappears very quickly.

Although it claims it's made up of lotus extract beads but it's a plain gel and no beads can be felt to the touch. It has become my daily moisturizer for summer mornings when I'm looking for something light yet moisturizing. It doesn't leave my skin feeling stretchy or dry once it's absorbed either and gives it a healthy glow.

I'll use it under my sunscreen and my makeup most days. It has a primer like consistency when I first apply it to my face, it is slightly tacky so if I work fast and apply your makeup on top, it does help it last longer on my face.

I have super sensitive skin that turns red even if I've been in the sun for 10 minutes and makes me look like I've got too much blush on. It works wonders on my red skin after I've been in the sun and cools it down, taking away any redness. I can imagine how well it will work on sunburns too! I've been using it for almost 2 months now and I've only finished maybe 10% of the product. It comes in a huge tub and the quantity is amazing for the price.

It's a great one to pick up for sensitive/combination skin and if you're looking for something for the summer or heading to a tropical vacation and don't want to pile on any moisturizer. It is very gentle on my sensitive skin and didn't break me out or anything. 

Will I repurchase? Probably! However, I think this tub will last me all summer.

Also available in two other variants - Aloe Vera and Bamboo.
fresh-jeju-lotus-soothing-gel-review-the-face-shop

Places to find this product - The Face Shop, Ebay, YesStyle, Asian beauty stores, drugstores in South Korea, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore etc.

12 comments

  1. I love Korean beauty products. This soothing gel looks like a great product. I should try to find it from Face Shop :)

    Love, Kandice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try this....nice review :)
    http://serenesparkle.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely Korean beauty products doesn't disappoint anyone. Koreans have such beautiful skin due to their products since their products are 10x advance that US beauty products. And I love how they focus on skincare than make-up. This is such a lovely review, I'm definitely buying one too.

    Love, Fads
    InstagramTwitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the focus on skincare is so important too x

      Delete
  4. This sounds great! I flipping love products from The Face Shop including their make up. Great post x

    Regina | Bits of Reg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Need to get more into their makeup x

      Delete
  5. hi iv read your blog and you said you use it on your face.. do you use it just that after washing your face or u use it as a last step of you r skincare routine as a moisturizer ? since im oily too im so interested if i can use this as a moisturizer after applying all that in between (toner, essence, serum )..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes it works as a moisturizer for oily skin. You can use it at the end of your routine. You can reapply during the day too as an after sun cream.

      Delete
  6. Hi! Yes if you have oily skin you can use it at the end of your routine as a moisturizer. It's not greasy and light :)

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.