Bio Oil Review & Experience

June 10, 2016

Bio Oil Review & Experience
Bio Oil
This is a product I've been contemplating buying for a while and I finally took the plunge before summer started about 3 and a half months ago, ie-end of March. I was intrigued about it because of all the positive reviews and the really affordable price confused me and I didn't know what to expect. Any skincare oils in the market other than this one is expensive and quite worth the investment if your skin really needs it but I hadn't come across something more for the body before that also promised of actual good results. I first picked it out with the intention to use it on three main problems I have with my body - uneven skin tone from hyper pigmentation, weird tan lines from wearing certain types of footwear and scars(mainly childhood and some from ingrown hairs). Now I must mention that not all of them were huge in size and some scars that I was treating were quite tiny but they still bothered me collectively.
I started using it thrice a week before going to bed without having to overdo it because I was still testing it out at this point. The box does mention using it everyday and twice a day but I just figured I'll start slow. The oil is of a very light consistency and has a very pleasant smell without being overpowering. It looks orange in the bottle but comes out totally clear on the skin. The best part is it gets soaked up into the skin pretty quickly, I'd say within 10 minutes and without leaving the area greasy. I would still not consider using it during the day, if I was putting on nicer, going out clothes just in case but there has been absolutely no staining on my night clothes. As I kept using it for a month, I immediately noticed the hyper pigmented areas got a shade lighter. It was a very gradual change but it was noticeable after a while.
Bio Oil Review
I got positive results with the uneven tanning on my feet and toes as well around the one month mark. The scars took quite a while to show a difference. After 3 months of using it, I think I noticed the smaller scars getting significantly lighter but not completely gone yet. As with a certain childhood scar that I have, I don't think it has done much for that (yet) however I'll update if it does end up working on it. I didn't originally buy it for my face and since I have oily skin I was quite scared to try it on. I used it for a couple of nights in the beginning and I got two breakouts on my chin. Now I don't have acne prone skin except the occasional once a month or two. I assumed it was the oil or a new BB cream that I was testing out at the time. I stopped using both on my face and the breakouts went away. I haven't used it on my face ever since because I don't want to take the risk and if you have oily skin, maybe you shouldn't use it if you see any unnatural acne.
The real test came when I slammed hard into metal(typical me) and hurt my knee. My sensitive skin being extra prone to bruising, immediately turned my knee into a purple blob. I was very annoyed at this point because that would mean no wearing dresses or skirts for a while. The colour was deepening everyday and as a person who bruises very easily, the average time it takes for my bruises to heal on its own is around 3 weeks(I'm not even kidding). So I thought I'll just put some bio oil on to see if it can help. I was shocked when I woke up the next morning with half of my bruise literally gone and without the awful yellowness it usually leaves behind. I used it every night since then and it healed my bruise in 5 days which was the most incredible thing I've ever experienced with my skin. Overall, I am very pleased with this product for body scars and hyper pigmentation. I would personally never use it on my face and if you have acne prone skin maybe you should carefully test it out before going all in! Would I be repurchasing? Yes, I absolutely will. Now, I use it on my elbows, knees and nails as cuticle oil along with my problem areas. Although there has been some controversies about this because it contains Mineral Oil as an ingredient, however Vaseline & numerous other beauty products have it as well and I have never had any issues with them. It has made my skin feel and look wonderful.
Bio Oil Review

48 comments

  1. Amazing products darling! Thanks for sharing!Stay fabulous! Have a wonderful weekend ahead!
    much love, Len
    www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this when I was having a small operation to help heal the scar - I obviously don't know what it would have looked like without using this, but my scar is so pale now and hardly noticeable at all! I really do think this is good stuff, unfortunately it did stain one of my tops but I probably hadn't let it dry properly!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your story, Amy! I agree, it does heal recent scars well. All you need is a bit of patience.

      Delete
  3. Interesting post! I never used something like this product. Thank you for sharing your experience!

    http://julianacheva.blogspot.bg/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously need to check this out since I have a huge scar on my arm. Not too long ago I had an accident and I've been dying to find a lotion or oil to help with the healing process. Thanks for sharing, love!

    Happy Weekend, love!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I hope you're doing fine now. I'd say give this a go. You need to use it regularly for a couple of months but you should see some results soon x

      Delete
  5. What a lovely review... I have to check it out... :)


    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it sounds amazing, well at least at treating bruises and all :) I haven't heard about this oil but it sure sounds like a product I should give a shot since I am pretty clumsy myself :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Review!

    Briana
    www.beyoutifulbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Review!

    Briana
    www.beyoutifulbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never tried Bio Oil but I feel like I should, being the most clumsy person on earth, falling over an bumping into things daily and having bruises on a permanent basis. Just today I went to the pharmacy as I fell during volleyball practice and actually burned my knee haha. Long story short, this seems like a great product for me and my bruises & scars, so thank you for sharing this honest review!
    XO IMKE | Pastellics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! This made me laugh because I'm exactly like that and sometimes I don't even know how I got a bruise. I also have a lot of scaring because of this. Yeah, definitely give it a go. It definitely lightens the scars.

      Delete
  10. i've never tried this but it sounds great !

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't used Bio Oil before but I know others who have had a great experience with it, great post lovely!
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. interesting..must try!
    kisses from dubai
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review Hun! I have this product in my cabinet because I bought it for a small scar on my shoulder but I never use it. It's great to know that it's effective. I should pull it out again. Thanks for sharing! x

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. Yeah it can be great for other uses too!

      Delete
  14. I have tried Bio Oil a few years ago but never stuck to the routine so couldn't judge the effects it had on me. So great to read it worked so well for you, hon. I have some scarring on my cheeks after acne but a bit worried to try it on my face. I also always manage to bang my limbs against everything lol. That's great to know Bio Oil can help with those. Just takes patience and time, I guess. Lovely review, really helpful, girlie.
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't personally use it on my face again but you can try it out once just to see if it does anything. I don't know how effective it can be with acne scarring but it worked well on body scars for me. I am still in the process of lightening them.

      Delete
  15. Thank you for reviewing! Love the product!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bio-Oil is such a brilliant product, though I haven't used it in a few years now! I don't really worry too much about my scars (many from growing tall, as well as having moles removed), though it sounds really effective when it comes to bruising (yay for you being able to wear skirts/dresses after all!). I'll keep it in mind :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle for reading :) It's good to know about your experience as well.

      Delete
  17. Interesting post, the product seems to be nice! Thank you so much for sharing! X

    www.britishmilan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I was younger I had hideously debilitating stretch marks across the entire of the backs of my legs. Bio oil completely cured it & got rid of them all. I tell my boyfriend now how bad they were & he just won't believe me because there are no marks there now! It's truly an amazing product!!

    Katie // Words By Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your experience. I don't have stretch marks but that's incredible what this product can do x

      Delete
  19. Bio oil is one of the oils I started using and I don't know why I stopped using it. It is a great product, however I haven't used it on bruises. I can get bruises quite easily, so if I get it again, I will keep it in mind!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Definitely try it. I used it just to experiment and it turns out it does work well on them x

      Delete
  20. I have never tried one of these before, but it sounds great! Im really curious to try it :D
    xoxo

    Ileana

    Novelstyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. i used to use bio oil long time ago.. this just reminded me to have a go at it again!!! :D

    Have a great week ahead!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  22. I used Bio Oil ages ago on stretch marks. Sadly they were quite old so it didn't help :(

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe keep using it.. it does take longer on older marks and scars. Even my older scars haven't exactly faded away but the recent ones have.

      Delete
  23. I'm using this at the moment to help with my stretch marks and uneven skin tone, but I haven't seen a change yet. I've only been using it for a week though, so I'll keep going.

    http://fleurdelailis.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bio oil is one of the amazing oil that suits any skin type or any part of the body but had to stop because its quite pricy. I might just give it a go again. Thank you for the amazing review!

    mylifesophiepaige.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've been toying with whether or not to try this but I totally think I'm just going to pick it up! :)

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.