Korean Beauty : Nature Republic Soothing Moisture Aloe Vera 90% Toner Review

August 4, 2017

nature-republic-soothing-moisture-aloe-vera-90-review-korean-beauty
To be honest, I kind of skip toners in my routine because I get bored of that step but I’m trying to be better at incorporating it into my routine lately. Say hello to a new toner in my arsenal – this one is from Nature Republic which is a CCOF certified organic brand! Infused with 90% natural aloe vera extract which is harvested in California & the product is made in Korea.

Price: $11.90
Quantity: 160 ml

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ethyl Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Sea Water, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance(Parfum), Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyquaternium-51, Water, Sodium Polyacrylate, PVM/MA Copolymer, PPG-26-, Buteth-26, Water , Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

This Aloe Vera 90 Toner is a moisturizing, soothing and hydrating toner that is water based and ideal for sensitive skin. It is supposed to be used after cleansing on a cotton pad – the usual .The most striking thing about this product is its smell. It smells like natural aloe vera juice in a bottle. It is extremely fresh and refreshing the minute I put this onto a cotton pad and onto my skin. This product does contain alcohol and if that bothers your skin you should stay away from it. They don’t list the ingredients of this product on their website which is very weird so I only found out after I had already bought it. I’m always suspicious of websites that do that now. I broke out on my chin in the next 2 days and the only new thing I've been using is is this toner and a moisturizer. The moisturizer on its own doesn’t do anything to my skin and haven’t changed anything else in my routine this week.
nature-republic-soothing-moisture-aloe-vera-90-review-korean-beauty
But I still decided to give it a fair chance because it was possible that the chin breakouts were due to other reasons. This toner is very refreshing and soothing indeed after cleansing my face. The moisturizing bit is what didn’t work out that well. It doesn’t hydrate the skin per say but doesn’t make it feel stretchy either. I can definitely feel a tingle around my nose and chin which is very uncomfortable. So I’ve been using it for a week now and recently looked at my face after 1 hour of using the toner and my cheeks and chin looked blotchy (like I'm getting an allergic reaction) which is not usually the case unless a product really bothers me. 

It’s a ‘meh’ product at best for me. It looked promising at first coupled with the good reviews on their site but I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone personally because it contains alcohol denat which is very bad for skin. Also, not a fan of the feeling of my skin burning off.  I am not going to use it anymore, start looking for alternatives and will stay away from certain forms of alcohol especially denat. I’ve already lost two products to alcohol but that only means I’m getting one step closer to a better skincare routine. I’m never buying another product without checking the ingredients…lesson learnt. Now if only this scent came in the form of a body mist..I’d be all over that!
nature-republic-soothing-moisture-aloe-vera-90-review-korean-beauty

Post a Comment

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.