3 products for an everyday eye makeup ft L.A. Girl Fiber Lash Mascara

May 27, 2017

la-girl-fibre-lash-mascara-review

My everyday eye makeup looks fairly simple because I'm more of a skin girl. I'll spend ages doing the base and then usually stick to minimum products on my eyes on most days when I'm in a hurry. 

Ocassionally I'll spend a little bit more time doing a proper eyeshadow look but either way, I'll never leave my house without three products - a Kohl liner, a matte liquid eyeliner and mascara.

everyday-eye-makeup-kajal-matte-eyeliner-la-girl-fibre-lash-mascara-review

I've found a great trio at the moment for an everyday classic look which also includes a new mascara I'm trying out from L.A Girl ( surprise, surprise). I think I've signed up as their official fangirl and will only stop after I've tried everything by them.

#1 Lotus Herbals Ecostay Kajal -
(Cruelty Free)

This has been my #1 Kajal/Kohl liner for a while now. I've got a really old review of it on the blog with very questionable photography but I couldn't do this post without mentioning it. Lotus herbals is a  natural beauty brand that uses herbal ingredients instead of chemicals. They are also cruelty free. This particular kajal comes in a pencil form that needs to be sharpened. The product itself is very black, creamy and fairly resistant to water. Since it's a natural carbon black kohl, it is very difficult to sharpen the soft pencil without breaking off the tip. I like to store it in the freezer before sharpening it so that it's a little bit harder and easy to sharpen. It does smudge under the eyes if you don't set your under eyes with primer + powder. Otherwise it stays on for about 4 hours and fades on it's own. I like to reapply it at least once throughout the day. This is the least smudging variety of natural kajal that I've found and I'm still on the look out for more but until then, this remains my staple.

#2 MUA Matte Black Eyeliner - 
(Cruelty Free)

This and the NYX eyeliner are the only two 'matte' liquid eyeliners I know from the affordable end of beauty that are actually matte. Usually most of the black eyeliners have a sheen to them which gives a glossy look. Some people do like that but I like my eyeliner to be completely matte. That's why I stick to my maybelline gel liner but it's not super user friendly when you're on the go and have no clean brushes on hand. The packaging on this one has a longer side which is the one you hold and has a good grip while the shorter side contains the product. It's usually the other way round but I feel like the longer side is easier to draw with. The brush is a felt tip and applies very well. It does feel like I'm applying with a felt tip pen type liner because it gives a very clean wing and without running out in a month like those do.

#3 L.A Girl Fiber Lash Mascara -
(Cruelty Free)

This is a new addition to my eye routine and has recently replaced my trusty Lash Sensational by Maybelline. L.A Girl came out with a bunch of new mascara formulas with different brushes and I was keen on trying some. I was drawn to this one first because it has tiny fibres in the formulation and great for a lengthening + volumizing effect which my stubby lashes need. I prefer lengthening mascaras more because they work better on my lashes without weighing them down but I decided to try this out anyway.

The packaging is super sleek, comes in a gorgeous gold tube and I'm in love with it. The wand is straight, flexible and quite thin with tiny bristles on it that lengthens while the fibres are supposed to add thickness to the lashes. The mascara opening also has a little brush off/ cleansing mechanism which takes off the excess product/fibres before you put it onto your eyelashes. I also tested this out by wiping off my mascara wand with a tissue and barely anything came off. 

The wand only takes out a minimal amount to build up on lashes giving them a very natural look. I always tend to smudge my mascara while applying but that surprisingly doesn't happen with this one because the formula is fairly dry. I do give my lashes a good curl before applying two coats of this. It makes my non existent lashes look super long, dark and separated. I didn't see much of a volumizing effect though. It is contact lenses safe and the fibres didn't irritate my eyes. 

All of the L.A Girl mascaras are marketed as water resistant but let me tell you, it's definitely waterproof and very hard to get off. They don't come in a washable variant and that's the only thing that I didn't like about this mascara. My micellar water or makeup remover wipes can do nothing against this mascara which is a pain. The only thing that gets this off my eyes is coconut oil or oil cleansers. Naturally the wearing time is amazing & it stays on all day. It is a good mascara for an everyday look but wouldn't recommend if you like super glam eyelashes.

la-girl-fibre-lash-mascara-review
Shop the products here - Lotus Herbals Ecostay Kajal. MUA Matte black eyeliner and L.A Girl Fiber Lash mascara.

2 comments

  1. I've not tried any of these, but I'm making the effort to try and go cruelty free so it's great to find some good cruelty free recommendations!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo I love the sound of this mascara! i'm defo gonna check out the MUA eyeliner!

    Ronnie
    www.veronicabizzarri.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.