The Soundtrack of my Life

May 3, 2015

Hey there!

Believe it or not, everyone has a playlist of songs that cheer us up, bring some tears, smiles and old memories back. Being the crazy movie and Tv show geek that I am, I love discovering new songs on soundtracks and indie artists. I keep making these playlists from time to time and update my massive lists with new favourites. Each of these remind me of a  famous movie scene or a character I loved. This is a playlist that describes my life very well, the lyrics are something I can relate to and I have loved them these past couple of years.

This is a playlist of my 14  favourite songs from 14 of my favourite movies and their soundtracks. You should consider watching the movies that I'll mention below because they're fabulous. Let me take you on a journey from the 20's to 2014.

                       

The tracks are listed down below in no particular order. Please note : The order in the playlist is shuffled everytime you play it.

1.Elvis Costello - She from Notting Hill.
Who doesn't love the lovely combo of Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant? Another make-you-smile, American meets Brit and make a beautiful love story.This song plays in the much satisfying finale of the film.

2. Laslo Bane - I'm no Superman from SCRUBS.
The opening theme song of one of my favourite shows from the 2000s which has stuck with me till today. I couldn't resist the geeky John Dorian and all the #friendshipgoals moments between JD and Turk.                        

3. Fermo Dante Machetti - Fascination from Love in the Afternoon.
An old age film from the 50's and probably one of Audrey Hepburn's well known films but a lot of people might have never seen it but you may have heard of this beautiful waltz song. She dances with her much older love interest to this song in the afternoons in Paris.

4. Tom Odell - Long Way Down from A Fault in Our Stars.
Honestly if it weren't for tragic love stories and coming of age movies, I wouldn't have heard of this guy on my own. This song plays in the background as Augustus and Hazel sit on their swing set and Hazel calls herself a grenade.

5.  Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - Falling Slowly from Once.
The famous musical and film is a John Carney indie masterpiece. (Begin Again being another one of his recent films). This is based on similar lines as Begin Again, about finding a beautiful connection through music . Falling Slowly is the most famous song the duo sings together on screen.

6. Henri Mancini/ Audrey Hepburn - Moon River from Breakfast at Tiffany's.
The Cult favourite movie - Breakfast At Tiffany's and it's cult favourite - 'Moon River' is something I couldn't have left out of this playlist. Two Audrey movie songs in a playlist ( I can see the patterns of an 1950s obsessed soul)

7. The Remembrandts - I'll be there for you from F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
Chandler.Joey.Ross.Monica.Rachel.Phoebe. Enough said? The theme song which everybody and their pets love!

8. Idina Mendel - Let it go from Frozen.
It became quite a chart topper for quite a long time when this successful Disney Musical that has become everyone's favourite. We cannot wait for the sequel!

9. Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen from Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Another great indie movie based on a great book. However we do see Emma Watson in a quite different challenging role. This upbeat song is what the bro-sis duo perform their unusual dance sequence careless about what people think.

10. Frank Sintra - It had to be you from When Harry met Sally.
A jazz classic from the maestro himself. If you love rom-coms and sappy ones at that, you must be familiar with this song. I like how this makes me feel. Such a nostalgic melody.

11. Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning from Love Actually.
This film makes my Top 10 Christmas movies list and I particularly love Adam Levine's versatile voice in the song. A happy song in all respects.

12. Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love from Shrek 2.
The Dreamworks film series which broke all stereotypes about beautiful princesses and prince charmings being the only characters that can make it to an animated love story. I adore this film and The Counting Crows ever since I went through a country phase in my teenage years.

13.Simple Minds - Don't You from The Breakfast Club.
The 90's high school film which ranked head to head with other hits namely Clueless, Mean Girls and the likes. The ending song that continues into the credits is this really famous song.

14. Stephane Wrembel - Bistro Fada from Midnight in Paris.
Last but not the least, this has to be a special song from my all time favourite movie and from Woody Allen as well, whose films are so artsy and I love them beyond death. This classic piece will take you back to the French Riviera in the 20s.

I really hope you enjoy this and let me know your favourite song and scene from my playlist.

Post a Comment

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.