3 Favourite Drugstore Highlighters

June 17, 2016

Favourite Drugstore Highlighters - Makeup revolution, MUA, NYX
Highlighters have become huge in the makeup world in the past couple of years. Initially, good highlighters that don't make you look like a disco ball were a thing of premium or high end makeup brands only. However, now that is not the case at all. Drugstore brands have really upped their game and have come up with some really good similar products/dupes without the chunky glitter which I don't feel comfortable in (tbh!). Here are three of my favourite highlighting products - a powder, a cream and a pencil that have completely change the way I do my makeup. Plus, you really can't beat the prices.

#1 Makeup Revolution Radiant Light Powder in Breathe - This one is popularly known as a dupe for the Ambient Lighting Powders and I don't own the original but I can say that this product is beautiful. I've fallen in love with it. I've been coveting this specific shade - Breathe for a while now but it has always been sold out. I waited it out and got my hands on this single rather than the 3 colour palette that it also comes in because I wasn't sure if I liked the other two shades too much. Breathe is the most natural looking one out of the two without being overly silver or gold. It's the perfect in between glowy shade. This one looks like a setting powder in the swatch but it has the most beautiful subtle iridescence when applied on the cheeks and it catches the light.

#2 MUA Undress Your Skin Illuminator in Oyester - This little tube has so much product I think it's going to last me forever. I don't mind though, I'd love to use it as long as I can.Technically it's a liquid illuminator that can be mixed in with your foundation for an all over glow. I prefer using it straight on top of my makeup though in the areas that I want to instead of all over. This one is more on the silver side with hints of pink making it a great product for the eyes as well like the centre of my eyelids. It's so easy to carry around and the nozzle is super tiny so you literally can't go overboard with this one. It is so easily blendable and I'm super impressed with it's quality.

#3 NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yoghurt - It's the oldest NYX product I own and I think these pencils were one of the first products they released which made them all the rage back in the day. I can't believe this little pencil has lasted me so long and it looks like it's hardly been used. I love that it can be easily sharpened and get rid of any dirt from getting on your skin. This one has a lot more pink in it and I think it's a very pretty Rose gold shade. I've used it all over the lid for a light wash of colour, on my cheek bones and the tip makes it a perfect size for directly applying to the inner corners of the eye. The "milk" shade has been a cult favourite from the very early 2009-2010 era when a lot of youtubers would use it and it will be a bit of a throwback for some. I used to own that shade at some point but after I got Yoghurt, I have never looked back. 
Favourite Drugstore Highlighters - Makeup revolution, MUA, NYX
These are my top 3 highlighters from the drugstore. I hope you enjoyed reading this! 
Drugstore Highligher Swatches
(T-B: NYX Jumbo Pencil in Yoghurt, Makeup Revolution Radiant Lights in Breathe, MUA Undress me Illuminator in Oyester)

79 comments

  1. Great products ! Have an awesome day!xo

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard of those products before but Nyx have a special place in my heart. The Makeup Revolution one looks good though!

    xx, Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! NYX has been a favourite from years now x

      Delete
  3. I'm a bit highlighter obsessed- Sleek does my favourite drug store one x
    eleanorfrances.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that one on instagram. It looks beautifulx

      Delete
  4. Great post, definitely helps me chose which one I need!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty! I have been reading a lot about highlighters in magazines and have been wanting to give them a try, but don't want to spend a ton on one so I love that these are affordable drugstore options.
    www.sprinklesandsaturdays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you should definitely start off with these affordable ones and then invest in something that you know you will like x

      Delete
  6. I have the makeup revolution highlighter in peach lights, which I really love. but this post made me want to try out breathe! it looks so pretty.

    Lee - leethrifts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried that one as well but Breathe remains my favourite because it gives a natural glow rather than looking like obvious amounts of highlight.

      Delete
  7. The Makeup Revolution highligter looks stunning! :D The prettiest I've seen for a while! I like the photos by the way :)


    www.adaydreamortwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the NYX jumbo eye pencils they're so versatile and so cheap!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They honestly have an amazing colour range too x

      Delete
  9. These all seem like such great products, girlie! I, unfortunately, have extremely sensitive skin and can't use much of drugstore products, mainly because they include talc and I believe I'm allergic :( That one by NYX is so pretty though! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you have a great weekend!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's a downside to them. Talc is used in most makeup products anyway because its afforable so that's a bit unfortunate. Thanks for reading, Jalisa :)

      Delete
  10. Never actually thought of using those NYX jumbo eye pencils as a face highlight! Lovely post :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the makeup revolution highlighters they're such a good budget option!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a very close dupe of high end ones xx

      Delete
  12. These look great! I need to get more into nyx x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to look into these much more! I always thought drug store brands where a little off when it comes to highlighters so I need to rethink this

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was true up to a few years ago but recently they have upped their game x

      Delete
  14. Never thought of using the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt as a highlight. I've always used it as an eyeshadow primer. Thanks for the idea :)

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com/mad-for-plaid/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love a good highlighter! And I adore your photos in this post: beautiful!
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, awesome choices! Definitely going to try the Revolution highlighter. Thanks for sharing!

    xo,


    http://aikocunanan.com/summer-maxi-dresses/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely recommendations, hon. I have tried Radiant Light one by Makeup Revolution and have loved it. Thanks for suggesting the other ones, must check them out <3
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So nice products !!

    http://clothespaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute! I really want to try the NYX one, the shade is beautiful <3
    xoxo

    Ileana

    Novelstyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful rose gold. Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  20. These are all so dazzlingly beaut! LOVING the look of Yoghurt <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm kinda highlighter obsessed and these look beautiful! Awesome recommendations and all seem like such great products!

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing these!! My favorite highlighter of the month is one from Clinique, I'm obsessed with it (: But I'm dying to try the NYX pencil!!

    Brenda Brooks - http://www.livelaughloveandmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've actually never used highlighters, but these reviews are great! Might have to look into them. :)

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really make a difference to a simple makeup look xx

      Delete
  24. Amazing post! Loved your reviews :)

    www.she-loves-clothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh, I have never even heard of pencil or liquid highlighters before! (In fact, I had never really heard of highlighters either until about last year, but ssshhh, don't tell anyone). Are they harder to use than the stereotypical powdered highlighter?
    I totally just used that word out of context.

    http://cynicalduchess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're easier to use because you can totally carry them in your handbag without breaking anything and you apply them with your fingers which is not always possible with powders and you need to carry a brush with you x

      Delete
  26. I've become totally addicted to highlights under the eye for photo/video shoots! I'll have to check out this brand!! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I've slowly started to wear them daily too but keepin it natural at the same time x

      Delete
  27. Such a great post since I've been looking for a great highlighter! I think I will check out the powder! Thanks so much for sharing!!
    I hope your day is as beautiful as you are!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. sounds like great products. I like drugstore make up things rather than the expensive ones :)
    have a great day!

    kandice.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kandice! Me too actually! Sometimes I can't justify the price of some makeup items that are high end.

      Delete
  29. Oh that illuminator sounds excellent, thanks for the heads up.

    http://www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, I've been looking for a good drugstore highlighter and I think I will need to give NYX one a go, I love the brand :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing products! Great post! Thanks for sharing darling!
    much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I hardly ever use highlighters and I don't even know why, I used to be a big fan of them - the Makeup Revolution one looks amazing though, I might try it xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!x I go through phases with them.

      Delete
  33. Amazing products! Can't want to test them.

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love love love the first highlighter from makeup revolution x

    Lauren xx | https://huggled.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  35. I still need to give a highlighter a go. I really like your selection.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  36. Makeup Revolution is finally arriving Canada in July so I can't wait to get my hands on a few stuff! Good idea on using Yogurt as highlighter, I never thought of using it that way.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing brand! I really love all the products I've tried from them so far x

      Delete
  37. OMG! These highlighters are so gorgeous :D

    Have a great day!
    xoSE

    HTTP://WWW.SASHAELIZABETH.COM
    HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/XOSASHAELIZABETH

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm forever looking for amazing highlighters! These all look fabulous, and I'm definitely going to look into buying them! Wonderful post lovely! Xx

    http://theemasphere.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. I didn't know that Nyx Eye Pencil can be used as highlighter. Actually, its really hard to find that shade now because I saw that shade on one of my fave vloggers and I tried to find that but until now I haven't seen one.

    xoxo, rej | reeejoyce.com

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.