Five scenes in the Gilmore Girls Revival that made me cry

November 29, 2016

Five-scenes-in-the-Gilmore-Girls-Revival-that-made-me-cry
I wasn’t going to post this initially because I’ve already eaten everybody’s ears off on social media + real life about the Gilmore Girls Revival but I just sat down to write this because I needed to. I needed to put my thoughts somewhere whether I post it on the blog or no for some closure because the ending left me in two minds. I had promised to do this post in my previous post about rewatching Gilmore Girls a couple of months ago. I thought I’d just put it out there for anybody who wants to read it. If you haven’t watched the original series and wondering what the hell this hype is about then go get on the bandwagon and you won't regret it.

This series is set a couple of years later and Rory is now 32. Lorelai and Luke have been in a relationship for 9 years. Stars Hollow is still the same though with all it’s glorious people and funny quirks. It was so good to be back in that town. Let's talk about the moments that made me bawl like a baby or at least made me tear up. Amy Sherman Palladino knows how to hit all the nostalgia spots which you didn't even know existed. I’m going to do a reverse countdown from the least to the most emotional scene in the revival. 

5. Rory and Dean’s little meeting at the supermarket. It was a cute little banter between them, catching up on their lives. I love that it was in the place where they first met all those years ago ( Sounds like a Taylor Swift lyric). It’s so nice to know that he is happy, has a family and has since moved on. I was Team Dean after all for a long time and I always believed he was an amazing guy, especially to Rory and he deserves all the good things! Also, Jared Padalecki ..enough said. Dean Forester has had the best transformation from the show to the revival (Jess was already hot to begin with!)

4. Sookie and Lorelai’s scene where she bakes a million different cakes for her wedding and shes's as hyper as always. It was just like the old times. Michel comes in and talks about how sad Lorelai’s been since she left and she tears up a little. Her appearance was too short compared to the real show, where she was always around in times of every crisis in Lorelai’s life. I had expected her to be the first one Lorelai tells about her and Luke having a baby and stuff. I wish she was around more, dropping in every other day with baked goods. That would have been about right. I’m glad they are still best friends though!

3. The scene with the flashbacks of Richard Gilmore when he was alive as Rory walks through the rooms of her grandparents’ home. She walks into his study and finds the perfect place to write her book right beside her painting. I truly missed him in those moments. Friday Night Dinners weren’t the same without him. We see that Emily has moved on from her dinner traditions as well when she gets a TV in the living room and usually eats there by herself. She eventually finds peace in Nantucket and that puts my heart at ease. Emily is a character that I've hated so many times but also come to deeply love just like Lorelai.

2. When Luke tries to convince Lorelai to not leave him when she is back from her “Wild” adventure and says that she has finally figured it all out. Although that wasn't her intention, hearing all those words from someone like Luke who is not a romantic at all was so sweet and I loved it. He went from grumpy Luke to Noah from The Notebook in 5 minutes. All the feels when he says "I need you". It also features my favourite quote of the Revival - "I believe, in a former life I was coffee" - Lorelai. It doesn't get better than that!

1. Lorelai’s realization when she is on her "Wild" journey bags the first spot. She calls Emily and tells her that one loving memory of Richard which she was supposed to on his funeral. It's a bittersweet story about her first heartbreak and how her dad was her hero but she never acknowledged it in front of Emily or Richard. She is finally able to open up, come to terms with his death and find some closure. That moment is so emotional and pure. Seeing Lorelai finally come clean to her mother and not hold back her feelings like she had done for years shows that her character has matured in so many ways. 

Oh My God! I just finished writing this and realized ALL of these moments are from the "Fall" episode. Hah, fair enough because it was simply the best one! A little shout out to Paris Geller for stealing the show in this series. She was fantastic and intense, just how I remember her! This revival is such a bittersweet thing that I never thought I'd experience in a million years. Somewhere between the original Pilot to this revival, we all grew up with Rory and she is a reminder that it's okay if you've not got your life figured out yet.

So what were your favourite moments of the Revival?

39 comments

  1. I haven't seen this show yet! It sounds so good
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series sounds so good! I've been under the bridge for this whole GG thing and I've never watched a single episode. I guess I should because everyone's been buzzing about it lately haha :D

    ♥ Jasmin N
    Little Things With Jassy
    Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog, its really dope.
    Do you want to follow each other?
    If you want, than follow me, and let me know in comments, so I can follow you back with pleasure.
    We can follow each other on Instagram @andjela.dujovic, let me know in the comments so I can follow you back.

    www.bekleveer.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never got into GG- but I'm sort of intrigued by the new series and want to catch up. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear a lot about his show but never seen it.

    http://fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm waiting to catch up on the revival- saving it for a much needed weekend relaxing :)

    Violet
    iamnoshrinkingviolet.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. Saving it really makes it that much more exciting!

      Delete
  7. These were such touching moments from the revival! All of the Richard scenes really got me!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the scene when Sookie comes back and bakes all those cakes for Lorelai. I always wished I had a friend like her that loves to cook and always feeds me goodies :D
    Dora
    http://www.adropofindigo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? She is the perfect BFF one could have!

      Delete
  9. I keep hearing so much about this series, but have never seen it! I think I am going to have to check it out! It looks like I have a lot to catch up on!
    Julia xx
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVED the mini series, so many emotions!

    Vivian | LIVE . IN . LOVE

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen this show yet but I have been hearing a lot about it.

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't watched the show but it does sound like a really good one! If it made you this emotional, it must have been a good one :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, yes it will always be one of my all time favourites!x

      Delete
  13. Great post! I haven't watched the new season yet, need to get into it!

    moorizZLA xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad they came back for a short time!

    Parie x
    Class and Glitter

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't seen these new episodes yet, but I think I'll have to!

    http://timelessandclassy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a cool idea for a post. ive just started this shows and its such a fun watch

    http://www.thewhimsicalwildling.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also watched all 4 new episodes of Gilmore Girls at Netflix and I really hope it's going to be continued because I was very unhappy with the last scene. It just cannot end like this! xoxo

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I agree..We really need more x

      Delete
  18. My boyfriend had been trying to convince me to watch this show for years and I finally gave in. I got absolutely obsessed with it and cried SO MUCH at those new episodes! I am Team Logan so I was happy with certain aspects, but also angry about others. It just left me so empty when it all ended! I need more! But agreeing with you so much with the Luke scene when he is just pouring his heart out. It was so sweet and sad all at the same time.

    Katie | www.overthemoony.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha wow, I'm glad he was able to convince you. Isn't it amazing? I absolutely love Luke, always have!

      Delete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.