Korean Beauty : Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner Review

September 1, 2017

klairs-supple-preparation-facial-toner-review-kbeauty
Happy September, everyone! I can't believe how fast 2017 is moving. So here I am again with another K-beauty product review. After I had a really strange reaction to the last toner I reviewed on the blog (which was actually a long time ago IRL but it took me a while to get the review up), I’ve upgraded to a much better brand and toner since. It is considered as the holy grail of Kbeauty toners by many and the brand itself has a great reputation for creating products with no harmful ingredients and eco-friendly. This is the second brand I have tried after Innisfree that shares the same philosophy of creating products which are gentle to the skin and can be usually used by all skin types. This product has won several beauty awards and you can find this in everyone’s routine who uses Asian beauty. So without further ado, let’s get into the details.

Quantity : 180ml
Price: $25

It is Vegan and Cruelty Free! No Parabens or Artificial Colours either.

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Dimethyl Sulfone, Betaine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Natto Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Polyquaternium-51, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Panthenol, Arginine, Luffa Cylindrica Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Beta-Glucan, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Lysine HCL, Proline, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acetyl Methionine, Theanine, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Copper Tripeptide-1

This was such a huge step-up from any other toners I’ve used. I can’t compare it to the previous Nature Republic one which was really bad for me but I think this product even beats certain toners I’ve tried from some of my favourite brands like Vichy or La Roche Posay in the past which are also very popular in the west. This is a hydrating toner. So toners in Asia are not always the kind which strips your skin and for taking off makeup buildup. Those tend to be super watery. This one however is a bit more viscous than a normal toner, it’s somewhere in between a toner and a serum in consistency. I don’t use this on a cotton pad because I think the cotton pad soaks it all up since it is thicker. Instead I just take a few drops on the palm of my hand and then pat it all over my face like I would with a serum and it absorbs instantly without wasting any product.

It is infused with Phyto-Oligo which helps moisturize the skin and Wheat amino acids for reducing inflammation. Hence, I think it is fantastic for sensitive skin or if you have any skin problems like rosacea that can get worse with harsh products, this one will definitely work for you. This toner is to be used after cleansing or double cleansing as per usual and it helps balance the Ph levels but also provides a ton of hydration back into the skin that is stripped by so much cleansing. I believe it can be used by dry, combo and oily skin types because it’s neither drying nor greasy. It sinks right in like a serum so it is perfect for everyone. It is 100% alcohol free which is exactly what I was looking for. It can be used for the 7 Skin method because it is so gentle. It is also a fragrance free formula which is hard to come across in K-beauty because they do like their aromatic products. It has a mild, clinical smell to it – kinda smells like sugar syrup to me I don’t know why. But you get the point, it’s a non-existent smell.
klairs-supple-preparation-facial-toner-review-kbeauty
This step has transformed my routine I’m not gonna lie. My skin is looking fantastic ever since I started using this and this is the product that changed my mind about toners. Before discovering Korean hydrating toners, I always assumed toners are  harsh, chemical laden products that always break me out and I never used one religiously before this came along. It’s a holy grail of toners for sure and I don’t know if any other toner I try in the future can come close to this. It will be a real challenge to find something better than this especially without having to go to super luxe brands and shelling out $100 on a product. The quantity is so generous considering I only need 4 drops every time I use it – that is morning and night after cleansing and it has been very kind to my skin without stripping it out or making it overly greasy and has not broken me out. I use it before any serums, facial oils or moisturizers that go on top of it and it prepares a nice base for the rest of my routine.
If you are someone that has never tried K-beauty before then I would highly recommend you get this one product. Just this one product alone can convince you to convert to Asian skincare.


Places to Find it: Wishtrend , Style Korean, Amazon, Althea. You can use my Wishtrend Code :1318350607 to get $5 during checkout.

Post a Comment

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.