Freedom Makeup : Bronze and Baked Palette Review

September 3, 2015

I jumped at the opportunity to buy this gorgeous palette of glowy, baked goodness because of two reasons. I was looking for a new bronzing/highlighting palette and I learnt this was Makeup Revolution’s sister brand and had a lot of similar shades. I have had bad luck with finding a Makeup Revolution blush palette. I have never seen the ones I like in stock. I always gravitate towards the bronzy looking ones more than the pinks because I think it just looks more beautiful on my skin tone. However whenever I’ve set out to buy one, only the pink ones have been in stock and all the good ones gone.
Bronze and Baked Palette
This palette costs £6 ( Rs 1140 from the website I bought it) but it still makes for a great affordable palette for it’s quality and number of shades it has. Freedom Makeup is a professional drugstore makeup range and I think it is quite like the concept of Bourjois and the likes. Affordable brands providing great quality makeup is something I always look forward to. I am a hundred percent sure that this is going to last me a long, long time even after I slap on highlighter daily.


Freedom Makeup Bronze and Baked

Freedom Makeup Bronze and Baked shades
What I loved:
1. It is of super great quality and blendability.
2. Most shades are well pigmented and also buildable depending on your skin tone.
3. There is a good mix of pinks and bronzes in this palette and some of the pinks can be used as a blush too, not just highlight. If I had the pinks palette, I would have not used all of them because not all pinks can suit every skin tone.
4. The matte bronze shade is beautiful. It is such a great shade for contour while the shade above it is more for bronzing purposes with flecks of gold shimmer. I have never owned a palette with both of these shades together for so cheap. They are usually marketed as different items because they do serve different purposes but so handy to have them in one. I am an indecisive girl, I like having options.
5.It is great for travelling as I can just carry this one palette and I would be sorted.
6.I am going to use these shades as eyeshadows as well. A neutral colour on the lid and maybe one of the bronzy shades in the crease.

What I didn’t:
1. The packaging isn’t the best and I’d have to take care of it a little more and make sure not to drop it or something. It doesn’t look like it would hold up well.
2. It has a giant mirror which I was excited about but then realized it was not good quality. I am not too fond of seeing my reflection like a 240p youtube video.
3. The third shade from the right is a bit low in pigmentation but I think I can work it as an all over lid colour/ browbone highlight for a very subtle highlight on days that I’m feeling it.

Freedom Makeup Bronze and Baked Palette Swatches
All the shades from top to bottom and left to right as they appear in the palette.

Rating:
However, I would rate it a whoopin’  4/5. It is my best purchase of the month of August. Go get your hands on one of these palettes. There's a palette for everyone out there and if you can get a good deal on them, then more power to you!

25 comments

  1. I'm deffo gonna go out and purchase this, this look incredible! So affordable and it looks gorgeous!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's so cheap! What a bargain and it's stunning!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deifnitely! A bronzing palette is always handy to have. x

      Delete
  3. actually this sounds like a good pallete in despite of the mirror thing :)

    Dice, Wildest Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah It's something I can overlook because the shades are amazing. x

      Delete
  4. Love the shades of this palette! :)

    Paula | Lifestyle & Laffs
    www.lifestyleandlaffs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've nominated you for The Liebster Award hun! Here's the post: http://life-by-becky.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/liebster-award.html#more
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this palette!
    happy weekend,
    xoxo
    http://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing review ! :) I love your blog :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  8. These shades are beautiful! I really care about how blendable they are, so this review is really good

    Natalia | Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I had your love for make-up HAHA I'm a total noob!!!

    superaena.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning as well Haha! Definitely not as good as you think. x

      Delete
  10. I love how affordable brands are coming out with such unique palettes! Glad it's working out for you hun ^_^
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! The drugstore brands have upped their game!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for sharing with us like this review.
    Argan Oil Private Label

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.