Summer Favourites

August 29, 2015

#1 Flower Crowns – These cute little accessories have been so famous this past spring and also in the summer. With the rise of the bohemian trend, everybody has been rocking these at concerts, festivals or just with a boho outfit. I love this one I have from a local place but I’m sure you can find some pretty ones at Accessorize too. I had seen a very pretty one with metal leaves and white roses but I couldn’t justify owning two of these.

#2 Hair Tie Set – The set of blue stretchy hair ties are from Forever 21. They are great for tying my hair up in the summer or topknots because they don’t crease my hair or make it look funny. Since they are made with the softest elastic material, they don’t pull out or damage my hair.

#3 L’oreal True Match BB Cream- This has been my favourite BB cream from the past six months  but it makes more sense in this season because it doesn’t sweat off and the only BB cream I’ve tried till date that doesn’t make me look ghastly white. I have a yellow skin undertone and most BB creams have a pinky tone which doesn’t suit me. This one in Gold suits me so well and also stays on for a quite a long time.

#4 Pink Lipcolours – The one in silver packaging is the Maybelline Pink Alert in POW 4 – a beautiful, bright, fuschia pink in a matte formulation. The Gold packaging is a glossy, medium,warm pink shade called Crème Pink from the beauty section of Forever21 and it is so creamy and moisturizing and great colour payoff.  A keeper!
#5 White Nails – Another great SS15 trend has been minimal white nails which look amazing on tanned skin and people with olive undertones. I’m loving this shade no 37 from the Exclusive Line by Colorbar USA.

#6 Looking For Alaska – Last summer, The Fault in my Stars was my favourite book and this summer I’ve been hooked onto another John Green bestseller. This one surprisingly came out before TFIOS and I’m glad I got around to reading it. It is another bittersweet, growing up, teenage story with hints of love, friendship and hardships but one thing I do admit is that it is in fact better than The Fault in Our Stars.

#7 Pitch Perfect 2 – The first movie Pitch Perfect was an obvious favourite for being a feel good high school movie and this one pleasantly surprised me too. It was really good as a sequel and I enjoyed all the Acapella performances so much. There were high hopes for this movie and it didn’t disappoint. The acapella medleys were fabulous and it also has the added character of Hailee Seinfield and a bit of an emotional but happy end.

#8 Music – I have two favourite songs because I couldn’t narrow it down to just one. I love ‘Someone New’ by Hozier who took the music world by the storm this year with his single ‘ Take me to church’ but the rest of his album is pretty good as well. I also like Heal by Tom Odell, another name I know from the The Fault in Our Stars soundtrack but I found this one on another soundtrack. I first heard the song on the movie ‘If I Stay’ and then I researched a bit and found out that it was Tom Odell and I have been enjoying listening to it so much. A nice calming, slow song. The kind of songs he does best.

And those are my favourites! 

31 comments

  1. Great post dear!

    www.bebagottel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read Looking for Alaska. I have to buy the book. Anyways, I didn't like Pitch Perfect 2 trailer so I haven't watched the movie yet.

    Dice, '96 Wild Heart
    Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trailer didn't look too exciting but I really enjoyed the movie. If you like watching performances and acapella you'll def like it. x

      Delete
  3. Great post! <3 got to love a bit of pitch perfect! :)
    Chloe xx
    http://chloebee1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need me some of those hair ties! Some lovely favourites :)

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are easy to find almost in any store but I think these are the softest x

      Delete
  5. I nominated you for a liebster award!

    http://rosesandramblings1.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/liebster-award.html

    Have a lovely day xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE pink lippies too! I'm kinda super obsessed with them right now haha! xx

    louiseindistress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wear reds or nudes. It's only in the summer that I like my pinks more.

      Delete
  7. Lovely post! I LOVE THAT BOOK, I think that is my fave John Green book! :) Xxxx
    http://life-by-becky.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely has to be the best from what I've read so far x

      Delete
  8. Great blog :)

    http://mellifluousminds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are so cute. Great post. :)

    www.yellenah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks - I love those lipstick shades.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how pink can brighten up any skin tone x

      Delete
  11. These are great summer favorites, I love the lipsticks.

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved getting more use out of them x

      Delete
  12. nice post! such a great way to get to know the person behind the blog
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use Maybelline's BB Stick because it's not sticky when applying but I might try the BB Cream you suggested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never really tried stick based foundations except the Maxfactor Stick that I used to have years ago. x

      Delete
  14. Thank you so much for the lovely comment. I'm checking out yours right now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh! Those hair ties are so adorable.
    May I just add also, your blog is absolutely gorgeous - well done!

    Marina | MarinaSimone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment, Marina. It made my day :)

      Delete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.