Alternative Love Playlist

February 10, 2016

Alternative Love Songs Playlist for Valentine's Day
Photograph by Risa Ikeda via Flickr

I have to agree I'm not one of those who are big into giving gifts on Valentine's day to my significant other. However, I like celebrating in small ways like having a meal together, going on a long walk along the beach etc. Well to a music lover, nothing screams more romantic than a mixtape of some love songs for him/her. While I will forever be in love with songs like 'Lucky' and 'Love Story', here's some love songs with an alternative vibe to them. There are songs like 'Your Call' - a song I have loved and associated with the feeling of falling in love since high school. 'Rainy Day' which is a very very rare song that I've had the luck of coming across because it went viral on soundcloud and I happen to be using the website a lot that time as well. I'll link their Youtube Video here if you want to have a look. I hope they get more support and keep making more music. There's also well loved tracks from Paramore and Ed Sheeran which I think soothes my mind every time I listen to them(even if it's the 100th time). I hope you enjoy this!

TRACKLIST
1. Your Call - Secondhand Serenade
2. Every Night - Imagine Dragons
3.Half of my Heart - John Mayer
4. Fallen From The Sky - Glen Hansard
5. We Belong - Rebel Wilson & Adam Devine
6.English Rose - Ed Sheeran.
7.If I Should Go Before You - City and Colour
8. Falling in Love - McFly
9.The Only Exception - Paramore.
10. Rainy Day - Smokey House.
11. Sweet Avenue - Jets to Brazil.

56 comments

  1. Love the playlist, this song from Paramore is one of my favourites xoxo

    www.thefurthestthingfromperfect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will give this songs a try!
    http://silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! Have a great week.

    Greets Jon
    Jon The Gold - Men's Style Blog // New Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan! I hope you're having a great week too x

      Delete
  4. Love the tracklist and I will try this songs. ^^ Thanks for sharing :)

    Would you like to support each other by follow on GFC & G+?
    Please Let me know if you follow me and I’ll follow back asap!

    Love xx
    Official Seol ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika for stopping by my blog x I would love to follow you on both!

      Delete
  5. I love The Only Exception from Paramore
    GReat playlist you have there

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Paramore and Ed Sheeran! :) Great playlist choice! :)

    TayDyBearWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely love Ed Sheeran too and this song by Paramore just never gets old x

      Delete
  7. The Only Exception is one of my favourite songs, I used to love Paramore! x

    Jodie // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
  8. English Rose (: Half of my heart x perfection

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, love your blog !
    Thank you for your comment on my blog :-)
    I follow you now via Google+ and Instagram, hope you can follow me back on GFC <3

    VISIT MY BLOG :
    http://katycolorfulfreak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a good playlist! 'The Only Exception' used to be my favorite song :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great playlist, I'll have to check out the songs I don't know!
    Have a lovely weekend:)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Rosanna! I'm sure you'll like them x

      Delete
  12. Love this playlist!

    Have a great weekend! xx

    If you want please visit my blogs, it means so much to me:
    NEW POST ---> http://living-like-v.blogspot.ba/2016/02/farmasi-garlic-shampoo-review.html
    NEW POST ---> http://staliaisbae.blogspot.ba/2016/02/16th-episode-got-me-like.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing! Have a happy Valentine’s weekend!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Len! I hope you have a great weekend as well x

      Delete
  14. Cute playlist. Thanks for sharing and check out our Valentine's Day Special!

    Eye See Euphoria | http://blog.eyeseeeuphoria.com/2016/02/12/loveintheair/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've just checked out your playlist! Great songs! xxx

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely playlist, will give them a listen!

    www.susannahzabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely lovely post, dear.
    http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2016/02/blog-post_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know any of these songs but they do sound super romantic from their titles! Thanks for sharing!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prudence! I hope you add them to your playlist.

      Delete
  19. So many of your selections are new to me, so thanks for the new romantic-music suggestions, my playlists have been sorely lacking romantic tracks haha :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabrille! They are sometimes good to have in your playlist for rainy or moody days.

      Delete
  20. OMG yes so many feels here, love a bit of city & colour, imagine dragons and secondhand serenade! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Yay, it's great to know you love these bands as much as I have x

      Delete
  21. I love alternative music!
    This is a really great playlist!

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  22. We love reading new music suggestions so your post will be very helpful soon! We already love Imagine Dragons, thanks for posting!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much! The others have a similar sound to Imagine Dragons as well:)

      Delete
  23. The song The Only Exception by Paramore recalls my teenage years! Love this song :)
    Kisses,
    Messy Hair, Don't Care

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the playlist!

    superaena.com / thepaperjunkie.net

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.