Thoughts on PLL:Five Years Later

February 17, 2016

Photography by Thomas Hawk

Pretty Little Liars is one of the few shows I’ve diligently watched from the start of Season one up to this point and still haven’t given up on it like a lot of other shows. It had a much awaited five year leap from where they left us in Season 6 mid-season finale and came back on air a couple of weeks ago. I meant to write a post about it before but I thought I’d wait, because their first episode back wasn’t very clear as to what direction this show was taking or how the characters had evolved. Now that I’ve watched this week’s episode and I’ve got a grip on what’s going on and what the girls have been up to, here are some thoughts I’ve been gushing over from the last few episodes. (If you haven’t already caught up with the show, I would recommend bookmarking this and coming back later so we can have a chat)

1.Hannah has a rock on her finger and we’ve known this a long time since abcfamily announced it but I wasn’t expecting a seriously hot man with an accent different from hers and who is also the definition of perfect. To be fair, she always had expensive taste.

2.Spencer has bangs and when I saw her in the promo for the five year leap, I hated it. Now I feel like I’m getting accustomed to them and they might just look really chic with her vintage style. Also, I found this chic picture of her in an Audrey inspired hairstyle.(How cute is it?)

3.There might just be some Ezria sparks still flying in the air although she has the cutest nerd man back in Cambridge. I am quite hopeful about the duo getting back together eventually. They were the ‘rock’ couple of the show.

4.The girls are still carrying a lot of secrets and Alison has really less screen time even after her sister dying. We can barely get a good look at her hubby and that just doesn’t seem like who Alison used to be. She was the one who would be showing off her man every second she could.

5.I really hope Mona and Sara Harvey have nothing to do with the new A team. We need a new mystery and some more drama. I’m thinking more on the lines of suspicious Mr Rollins.

6.Melissa is back in town and that almost always means there’s going to be some bad news.

7.It is still unsettling for me to think that Spencer would be the one to break The Universal Girl Code and the fact that Hannah looks very uncomfortable about it.

8.The New A is definitely a hipster. He/She has a Crosley Record Player and that’s enough reason for me to believe that their setup is Instagrammable.

9.Mona is back to her Season one sassy self when she has the scene with Caleb (Who kisses better? Hannah, Spencer or me?) which I quite like more than the drugged and crazy Mona.

(Updated after the Season Finale)
10. The little Haleb moment right when we were warming up to the idea of Caleb and Spencer was so shocking. I was taken aback to be honest.

11. Well, I guessed one thing right, Mr Rollins isn't what he seems like and poor Allison. I actually  feel bad for her because she has truly become a good person now. Also, How many lovers did Cece have?

12. Someone I wasn't expecting to show up on this season is Allison's mom but she also goes by the name of Cece's birth mom? What is going on! There are a lot of twin theories floating on the internet but I don't if the writers of the show would be going that way or no. They always seem to take an unexpected turn. I'm also thinking a personality disorder.

Are you all caught up with Pretty Little Liars Season 6? What did you think of them?

28 comments

  1. I'm very disappointed Hannah and Caleb aren't a couple anymore, otherwise still like the show and am very curious how this plot is going to play out!

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty shocked myself but I think Hannah still likes Caleb. A little bit for sure.

      Delete
  2. I think I should catch up with Pretty Little Liars!
    I'm waaaay behind. Haha

    Much love
    jedidiahgc.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, there's just not enough time to watch..............
      xox
      Lenya
      FashionDreams&Lifestyle

      Delete
    2. OH definitely! You guys need to catch up. The plot is getting a lot better now.

      Delete
  3. I used to love this show but I gave up on watching it because I hadn't enough time since I'm watching some other shows. Great post! :)xx

    If you want please visit my blogs, it means so much to me:
    NEW POST ---> http://staliaisbae.blogspot.ba/2016/02/ohennig-stalia-videos.html
    NEW POST --->http://living-like-v.blogspot.ba/2016/02/spring-accessories-shoes-makeup-collab.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vildana! Hopefully you can catch up with it when you're free x

      Delete
  4. I am actually really enjoying the show. I like how Spencer and Caleb got together, I think they look cute, but is it me or Hanna might still have some feelings for Caleb? Anyways, I'm excited to see how plot will turn and I am sure it will be as unexpected as it always is :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm glad you're one of the few with an opposing opinion. I think they're really cute as well but it just feels a little morally wrong, don't you think? Hannah definitely has feelings for him and it's about to get ugly. Oh well, we all love drama so it's all good.

      Delete
  5. I watched the first series and then fell behind but I have to catch up, next time I have a free week I'll have to start watching it again!!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first series was definitely very good. It has gotten quite good since the 4th series and quite interesting too.

      Delete
  6. I have never seen this show before but it does sound interesting! Thanks for sharing!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must give it a try! It's so well loved by so many people.:)

      Delete
  7. Is 6 the last season? I just really want to know who is A once and for all x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we have already got A but this is going to be some other twisted story I guess. I've read that there will be a 7th season as well.

      Delete
  8. I really regret not tracking PLL down online after it stopped showing in the UK, I only managed to see a couple of series! I used to love seeing their fashion choices haha :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    instagram.com/aglassofice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God! They do have such great style and outfits, I do watch it somedays only for the outfits Haha x. Maybe you can catch up on Netflix :)

      Delete
  9. I literally only watched one or two episodes EVER which is terrible, I totally get hooked on murder/crime shows but my friend keeps pressing me to watch it so I suppose at some point I will cave ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! I get it. Some people just don't prefer girl drama I guess and are drawn to crime series more. This one is a mix of drama and mystery so that's why I think it's quite different from all the other shows on air right now.

      Delete
  10. Love this post! To be honest, I start to see PLL a couple years ago but then I stopped at the 3rd season. Now I'm curious about the rest!
    Kisses,
    Messy Hair, Don't Care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariana! I totally feel you because season 3 was my least favourite one from the whole show but I promise you it gets so much better from season 4-5.

      Delete
  11. I also think mr rilens is suspicious :D
    I stopped watching PPL several times, to catch up a few months later.... kinda glad the A story was over...
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I agree! The A story was getting a bit too much and I was running out of patience.

      Delete
  12. Not really a fan of PLL. I have my own choice of shows though that I've kept watching over the years too. <3

    superaena.com / thepaperjunkie.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by xx It's alright, I know some of my friends hate it. haha

      Delete
  13. The season finale had me pulling my hair in 20 different directions. I thought I was confused about the plot before, but after that episode, I'm so curious in how the story will continue. Great post!

    Kathlyn | https://kathlynskorner.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god! Yesss. It was insane. First the Haleb feels got me all confused and then, the whole Mrs Dilaurentis scenario.

      Delete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.