What's in my mini backpack?

December 11, 2016

Whats-in-my-mini-backpack

I'm back again and I'm dedicating one entire post to my love for small/ mini bags and more importantly showing you how much stuff this can actually fit. I know it looks unbelievable right? I thought so too until I have converted to mini styles and always try to pack in the most essentials instead of carrying 2 large books and a bunch of other stuff I would never need anyway. My mini backpack is from Forever21 and I love it because it's a classic black with gold hardware that goes with my entire wardrobe and pretty much any outfit as you can see in my previous posts - Ruffled Smock Dress & How to be trendy and still keep it personal. I get quite excited about knowing what others carry in their bags, so here's a peek into mine. 

A few of my favourites in stores right now!


Whats-in-my-mini-backpack

The Absolute Essentials:
My top 3 essential things that me( & I'm sure everyone else) likes to have with them is my phone, my card holder/wallet and my key-pompom. I like to bring this sparkly card holder from Colette for the festive season. Although it's teeny-tiny, its perfect for 3-4 important cards and that's all I really need. The pom pom keychain goes on my backpack more than on my keys but I carry it with me and put it on and off as and when the outfit demands.

For the Eyes:
I have pretty bad vision so I need to wear glasses all the time and I love this minimal looking frame that I wear pretty much everyday. However, when I'm wearing contact lenses, I have to carry my solution and case with me. If my eyes get dry especially when it's windy or after a long day. it gets mega uncomfortable and sometimes I like to take them off before a long journey home or in the car and re-wet them before I wear them again.

my-mini-backpack-essentials

For the Hands:
I am a huge germaphobe (think Sheldon Cooper could be my bff) and I never feel complete without my hand sanitizer. I think I have one in every bag of mine. This one carries my Bath & Body Works raspberry pink peony which is my favourite, super sweet smelling scents! I have had this one for so long and not got around to buying the new packaging yet. This stuff is so strong, if you're putting this on your hands in public transport, all eyes are noses are going to turn towards you (hehe). It's like a little bottle of happiness and it's PINK!

I also carry my Body Shop hand cream in Strawberry which is another super smelling scent and a lightly moistursing hand cream. Not something I would ever consider as a rich and thick consistency cream that I usually imagine to be applied before bedtime. It's light, great for on the go and my hands drink it up in under a minute. I do prefer my fruity, summer scents all year round!

Whats-in-my-mini-backpack

For The Hair:
My Denman D4 all black classic styling brush is a saviour. It is pretty much the only hair brush I've used in the past year because it's simply fantastic and can't imagine what my hair would look like without it. It spruces up my super fine and not so voluminous hair and adds so much volume and oomph to it! I don't personally like backcombing my hair although it could help it out a ton. I just back brush my hair with this brush and makes the roots super fluffy and not flat.

Another essential is my Batiste dry shampoo mini in cherry that I've talked about before but it's a saviour when my hair is starting to get greasy around the 5pm mark and I still have places to go. A little spray of this on my parting and I'm good to go.

I love these little plastic spirals called invisibobbles for holding my hair up when I need to. I'm sure there are so many versions of these out now. These are pretty much the only things that hold up in my hair without slipping right off. The best part? No damage and pull to the hair that other hair grips can do. I need to get a bunch of clear ones but I love this statement pink in my dark hair too!

Whats-in-my-mini-backpack
Extras:
The last two things I need to talk to about although they're not permanent. They change up all the time. I love carrying my Penguin classics instead of a bulky book lately because they're tiny, compact and a light read. That's what I usually prefer on the train or in a coffee shop. I used to carry thick novels before but I only ended up reading 4-5 pages when I'm out and about and really got into it only when I was home, cuddled up in my fuzzy blanket. I love picking these up whenever I can and I am trying to grow my collection.

Last but not the least, my Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in no 19. This one gets a lot of love on the blog and will be getting more in the future because this shade is my go to nudey-pink and so moisturizing. This is what I typically go for when I'm in a rush and not thinking about lip colours. This can be always found in my bag, but I usually tend to switch it up with others now and then!

What is your top item that you have to have in your handbag? 

33 comments

  1. Wow what a handy backpack, you can fit loads in! I always carry one of the mini Body Shop hand creams in my bag and I love the Rimmel Kate lipsticks - I have so many lipsticks in my bag!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to spy on what other people keep in their bags as well. This is such a sweet flatlay, and you really can fit a lot in that bag! I think my own top item is a lens cloth. That's the least exciting thing ever, but I can't stand to have dirty glasses lol!

    Amber | y a c h t s m a a n

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very interesting items darling!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I absolute love that Forever 21 backpack. Do you know if its still up on the website? xx

    Jordyn | Lovely Little Roses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, these items are so essential. So many great things in there.

    www.seenaskristine.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these essentials! :)
    http://www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely backpack, I keep a hand cream in my bag too :)

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your backpack is so pretty. I carry the same Body Shop hand cream in my bag. It smells delicious.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of those backpacks! I always have fun reading these kinds of posts :)

    Katie | WillowAndWhiteBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hand cream is a must for me. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love that you have a Jane Austen book in your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting post ;)
    xx
    Mรณnica Sors
    MES VOYAGES ร€ PARIS
    NEW POST: IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that pink pom pom! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never considered bringing dry shampoo around in my purse! That's actually a pretty fabulous idea! I use Kate Lipsticks too! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.gracerock-kellyroll.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty doll! Love all your pretty stuff. Great post!
    happy holidays!
    much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many goodies in your bag! The book, the lipstick and the hand cream!!

    xx Auna | http://simplyauna.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your back pack is so cute, I love that hand sanitizer too
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it all. Please check out my XMAS & NYE party wear haul!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove
    Twitter @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are all great essentials and your mini backpack is adorable!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love getting a peek on what's inside people's bags! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post! That strawberry hand cream seems really good. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so cute, I love reading about what people keep in their bags!
    XO Christine
    http://mapleandmint.blogspot.com/2016/12/puffer-jacket-and-otk-boots.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I need to start carrying a brush with me!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love what's in my bag posts! It was a fun read. The backpack is too cute and handsanitizers are a must! Bath and body works ones are my fav too! I keep them in a large glass bowl on display haha they are so colorful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Going through your bag content with you was very interesting! More or less our contents are the same! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love carrying around a backpack as opposed to a regular purse, I think it's so much easier! Love your bag, it's so cute!
    xx Dany | The Queens Empire

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love how you actually manage to carry essentials in that tiny bag, they are the sort of things I would put in mine so thanks! Otherwise I generally cram everything in๐Ÿ˜‚ Xh
    Www.theheatherlee.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love to carry backpacks because they're more comfy than purses. I also wear contact lenses so I need to carry that stuff and I don't like it haha
    Great post!
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.