Dusty pink & a bold, burgundy lip!

January 27, 2017

lily-collins-inspired-makeup-look-dustyrose-and-burgundy-lipstick
Hello there, I hope you’re having a good day!
I thought I’ll pop in and share a little makeup look I recreated/ put my own spin on yesterday. As you can probably tell, this has been inspired by the lovely Lily Collins & her makeup in this year’s Golden Globes a couple of weeks ago. 

By now, we all know about it and have gasped, oooh’d and aaah’d over her soft yet striking look on social media.This look was however a spur of the moment kind of idea as it started off with me testing out a new foundation, which I plan to write a long post about (stay tuned!) and ended in this makeup look which I was quite pleased with.

The sweater I was wearing was very similar in colour to Lily’s dress and I instantly thought about using the same dusty pink tones on my eyes as well to match a little. Since the softness of the eye shadow(or in this case a peachy/pink blush used as an eye shadow) is the main focus here, I kept it quite minimal by skipping the liner and only going with a bit of mascara and kohl smudged under the lashes.

Eyebrow skills  are my probably not my strength since mine are nowhere as beautiful as hers but I tried to make them look considerably fuller and a little bit bolder than I go for on an everyday basis. The vampy lip colour finally pulled those pinky tones together and completed this look.
lily-collins-inspired-makeup-look-dustyrose-and-burgundy-lipstick
Face - LA Girl Pro Conceal Foundation, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, LA Girl Pro HD Powder & Baby Powder for Baking.
Eyes - A mix of the pink shades from Freedom Bronze & Baked Palette & the peachy tones from NYX Ultimate Pro Palette - Warm Neutrals.
Lashes - Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
Highlight - Makeup Revolution Radiant Light -  Breathe! 
Lips - Essence Lip Liner in Femme Fatale, Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Divine Wine

23 comments

  1. I really like this look, especially as this is a combination I would have never thought of myself!

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing, your make up is so flawless and that lip colour is perfect :)
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your makeup look. This lip colour definitely suits you.
    x Rivania | The Glam Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This burgundy lipstick is amazing! Love it :) xx
    http://dasynka.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful color on you!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/floortjeloves-12198253

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divine Wine is beautiful! Really suits you xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lilly looked simply amazing! And I love how it looks on you. You can never go wrong with bold lips :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. this lip color is fantastic! you look great ;)

    The White Ocean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lips are beautiful! So bold and red! Also, I didn't know you had a septum piercing, it suits you! You did very well with this makeup look, as it is the perfect blend of bold and subtle. Lilly collins would be proud. ;)

    https://cynicalduchess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful! I love the combination of soft pink and rich reds, will have to try it out myself. Thanks for the inspo! :)

    Ivona from www.thesmokedetector.net
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look gorgeous in a red lip! I really need to branch out with my everyday makeup routine!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colour of your lipstick is so pretty.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful look, your makeup looks amazing and I actually think that your eyebrows are on fleek. I also love the colour of the sweater xx

    113thingstosay.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving your sweatshirt and your makeup is flawless! Love those bold lips! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this #fotd <3 the wine lip and defined eyes really suits you so well
    thanks for sharing!

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look gorgeous! And I like your sweater color!

    http://julianacheva.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, you look absolutely beautiful! The eye look is stunning and that burgundy lipstick is amazing! xo

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This look is stunning! That shade of lipstick is just gorgeous on you and I can never get over your flawless skin!

    Stacey x
    www.staceylouisewhite.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. This lip color is gorgeous on you! Love this makeup look!

    Kristen Tanabe
    Elizabeth, Marie, and Me
    www.elizabethmarieandme.com

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.