Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017 - A Blog Recap!

January 3, 2017

It is the 31st of December, 2016. I woke up and pinched myself. I couldn’t believe that this is the last day of 2016. This has been a crucial year for me because it’s the last year of my college/uni. I graduate in a couple of months and I have to be grown up and serious and figure my life out. I have to gather my dreams and ambitions and make sure I actually work towards them and not away from them.

It has been a phenomenal year for blogging too. I had my first post go viral (I doubt I can call it that haha but for the lack of a better word, let’s call it that). My ‘DIY Chokers for Spring/Summer: Six Designs’ post has over 34,000 views now which is so incredible compared to any other post I’ve written so far. I realized that if you put work into something, it always pays off! That one post took over 12 hours to make and I’m glad I did it.

On the flip side, my blogging has seen some lows too. Inconsistency, life getting in the way and my pending thesis has really stopped me from doing so much that I put down in my ‘blog’ notebook almost every single day. I hope 2017 will be the year I can finally devote a lot more time to blogging and give it a proper shot! What got me through some of these low days? Lots and lots of wonderful internet discoveries which I’ve documented in the ‘Bookmarks for Crappy Days’ Series this year.

I did manage to do quite a few looks this year and some of them were really appreciated so thank you for the love and support if you've read my blog this year and left lovely comments. I also got to work with so many new brands especially for fashion posts and that was a delightful experience!

I put together some advice for the shopping obsessed like me about ‘How to successfully go on a spending ban’ earliar in the year. Not only did I write it, I tried and tested it for myself too and I definitely spent a lot less on useless, trendy items I won’t wear more than once.

I started developing my personal style since then & the post – ‘How to be trendy and still keep it personal’ talks about it in a little bit more detail. I am slowly growing into a smart shopper and I’ve been able to save so much money in the process (to be spent on makeup of course!)


Lace Tunic & The Perfect Red Lipstick
The Yellow Coat & Leopard Flats
Ruffled Smock Dress
Ripped Denim Overalls
Monochrome Hearts
Scalloped collar and cropped pants
Crisp White shirts & Bumblebees
The Blue Gingham Skirt
The White, The Black & The Brown
Plaid Shirt Days
Checked Shirt Dress & Neckerchief
Boho Dreams
Spring is in!
Sweetheart Pinafore Dress
Pussybow Tunic & Ripped Leggings
Utility Vest & White Dress
Gingham Checks and Grey Sweatshirt
My interest in beauty, especially skincare has grown so much over the past couple of months. I’ve always been a makeup junkie but I’ve been experimenting and trying out a lot more skincare than I cared for before.I’m looking forward to chatting more about this newfound love! I did my first makeup look – ‘Autumn Rose Makeup Look’ which is really different from my regular content but it surprised me how much I like doing looks and coming up with new ideas. I hope I churn out some more creative ideas this year.


I talked about seriously upping my reading game in ‘My Birthday Resolutions’. Reading is something that really puts me in a positive zone, changes my mind set and also something I've been ignoring this past year. I feel glad to say that I have started reading a lot more since October. I’m still in my comfort zone and reading the books I generally like but there has been progress and I'm one step closer to becoming more like my old self who would read more than one book a week.

Netflix has been a huge thing this year, in general and in my life! I’ve gone from an occasional watcher to an addict because they’ve changed the TV show scene and it has been refreshing. I had been yearning for some fresh shows and they did just that. They delivered! It has been surprising to see more indie shows and small productions make the cut because I absolutely love discovering lesser known shows and tracking them before netflix was very difficult. I've gushed about some of ‘My Netflix Addiction’ on the blog but my list is ever growing and that post will be getting a refresh soon.

It was the year of ‘Harry Potter & The Cursed Child’ and ‘Fantastic Beasts’. I never thought such a day would come but JK Rowling made it possible and brought back some of my childhood magic to this year which is why I’ll probably remember this year more than I expected to.


Last but not the least, there are some bloggers I'd like to mention who inspired me this year in so many ways. Whether it is their content, dedication to their blogs, their photography or their support for me and other bloggers, they've managed to add positivity to my blog life. Just enough to keep me going when I was lacking motivation or doubting my creativity. There are some that I've talked to a lot more on social media & blog comments while others I secretly admire from afar, but the love I have for their work is just the same. I keep going back to their blogs and you should too!

Me and Orla, Call Me Amy, The Nerdy Me, A Glimpse of Glam, Stacey Louise White, What Olivia Did, Face to Curls, Kandice, Kate La Vie, Miel and Mint, Pretty Geekery, The Bright Bazaar, From Roses, Classy Girls Wear Pearls.
Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017!

45 comments

  1. I feel so honored to be included in this list of bloggers, they are all so amazing! So thank you for that. Also, it has been quite a year! I am happy for you that you managed to achieve quite a lot during them. That chokers post was truly great and it's no surprise that it spread so well in the blogoshpere. I will you all the best in 2017 and I am positive that you will reach a lot! :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that DIY chokers post did amazing, definitely something to be proud of :)
      Kathy x
      Alongcamekathy

      Delete
  3. What a great post. Its so rewarding to look back upon your year and be able to view both the ups and the downs, the accomplishments and the failures, all intertwined together in that great feeling called hind sight. 34,000 views for a single post is a tremendous accomplishment-- and it only proves that we can do anything if we work hard enough and believe in ourselves enough. Thoroughly enjoyed this post!

    https://cynicalduchess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment :) It truly made my day x

      Delete
  4. Wow that's amazing that post hit 34,000 views - I'd definitely call that viral! Thanks so much for the mention! All the best for 2017 and good luck with graduating!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great review and wow, congrats on 34,000 views on this diy post, that's amazing! Great job! xoxo

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post babe! And that number is amazing, congrats!

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this round-up of your favorite posts you wrote in 2016! I can't wait to see what you have in store for this year!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post. Hope you have a wonderful 2017!
    -Maria
    in1997.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely recap you did there, dear:)
    Happy new year! Hope 2017 will be good to you..


    www.staysya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. 34,000 views is definitely 'going viral', that's amazing and you should be really proud of yourself! And I understand what you mean - I also find it hard to juggle blogging and uni, that's something I really want to work on in 2017. I agree with you on the topic of reading and just like you I stopped for a while and only realised what I had been missing when I picked it up again - reading always puts me in a good mood and I love escaping into the world of fiction for a little while. I hope you have a great 2017 xx

    113thingstosay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and this lovely comment Mira :) I wish you a great 2017 as well x

      Delete
  11. Nice recap! You write really well, by looking at your posts :)

    Enter our giveaway and win Aussie dry shampoo! :)
    GIVEAWAY - Aussie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done, lovely!! 2016 has definitely been good to you :) Woohoo!!! So excited for you re: the choker post!! That's an incredible number of views, hon! Good job!! :D
    Many thanks for including me into the list of your fave bloggers. So kind of you but also a massive encouragement for me to keep on doing what I do. So thank you for that, beauty <3
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great recap!

    Happy new year lovely!

    Alya | MoorizZLA xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the success of your chokers post, that's amazing! I hope 2017 brings you lots of good things. x

    Kate Louise Blogs / Wonderbra Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great post!! Loved the retrospective and congratulations, you really rocked in 2016 :)

    she-loves-clothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, completely honored to be included in your list of bloggers. These are all great blogs you mentioned here and I am just honored; truly, so thank you so much. So happy you are inspired by my blog everyday.

    This was a great recap and congrats on the ‘DIY Chokers for Spring/Summer: Six Designs’ post getting over 34,000 views. That is pretty impressive so you should be proud. I am wishing you another successful year at blogging and all the very best for 2017. Happy New Year Hun! xo

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The spending ban post was fabulous and well needed for many people (including me :P) I love your blog and so very excited to see where 2017 takes you!

    Alisha | http://www.alishaspinkdaisies.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chokers are everywhere at the moment so DIY posts on them are always helpful!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. great recap for the year luv!! welcoming 2017 with the best of wishes!
    kisses from dubai ❤️
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey,
    Really interesting post! love fashion :)

    http://shortrelationships.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.