My Favourite Nude Lipsticks

January 20, 2017

my-favourite-and-most-worn-nudes-and-dusty-rose-lipsticks
I haven't talked about lipstick in so long on the blog and that it almost seems alien to me because I live for lipstick and collect too many shades that I don't necessary wear enough. However, this post is about all the holy grail shades that make my lips look flawless and pretty much go with every thing I choose to wear. When I was initially picking out my most worn lipsticks, I didn't expect them to be 7! Let's assume one for each day of the week then shall we? These are the shades I can pull out of my bag and put on any day or time and know that they'll save the day when my lips are looking not so classy. I've had two of these shades for 1-2 years now while others are more recent additions to the collection but they sum up my lip colour aesthetic at the moment pretty well.

#1 Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick - Treat
I've owned this one for more than a year now, this is the perfect pinky nude that is really creamy and moisturizing. I can apply this on the go and not be afraid of messing up. I would wear this constantly in the summer while I walked around in the sun and this colour would stay on for quite a long time, basically until I ate something. You know it's a good one when it passes the 'hot summer days' test! 

#2 MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Laquer - Dash
This is one of my first attempts to venture into the wonderful world of liquid lipsticks. They had me at  'You don't have to touch up your lipstick every 2 hours' claim and I was buying these formulas left and right. MUA does some really amazing liquid lipsticks and this shade in particular is packed with pigment and caught my attention because it's so unique. It looks different in different kinds of lighting, skintones and the no of layers you put on. This is the least nude of all my picks and tends a little more towards mauve/ reddish tones but it looks fab when it's on and fairly neutral! The only issue is it does come off towards the centre of my lip after a while which I have to touch up eventually.

#3 Rimmel by Kate Moss - No 19
This can easily be mistaken for a dupe of the MUR Treat lipstick I talked about because they look identical in the tube but this one's a wee bit more pink and feminine when on the lips. Perfect for days when I need a little bit more life back into my lips but don't want to commit to colour. I wore this one in my Autumn Rose makeup look. I don't need to talk a lot about the formula or pigmentation of this lipstick because everyone's quite familiar with this iconic range of lipsticks by Rimmel. This shade is so underrated even though it's been around for years!
my-favourite-and-most-worn-nudes-and-dusty-rose-lipsticks
#4 NYX Liquid Suede - Soft Spoken
This is my absolute favourite of all the colours I speak about today and for months to come. NYX is pretty much becoming my favourite brand and these liquid suedes are to blame. The formula is insanely good! It is super smooth and applies seamlessly on both of my lips with just one dip into the tube. This stuff really stays on through tea/coffee, doughnuts and pizza and countless more things. When it does start to wear off ,  it isn't very noticeable and doesn't do the annoying 'crumbling off my lips' thing that annoy me the most about liquid lipsticks. On some days I can get away without a touch up which is a miracle. That only applies to this shade though because it's so close to my natural lip colour and has hints of dusty rose in it - double win!

#5 Palladio Lipstick - Meadow Sweet
This one is an unexpected lipstick to make the cut into my top 7! I am not familiar with Palladio makeup in general and have never tried anything else from their collection. I happened to receive this mauvey nude in a subscription box way back and decided to keep it because it smells incredible(think cupcakes and vanilla icing). I was just hoarding it and didn't expect to like it as much as I did. When I first got it, the whole mauvy nude trend hadn't started yet so this stayed in my drawers for quite a while. This shade was way ahead of it's time. I pulled it out recently and have been in love ever since. It is a cool toned nude which is so out of my comfort zone but every bit worth it because it looks amazing especially in the winter months. They have 30 shades which very few drugstore brands offer to choose from and have incredible staying power and smoothness. I'm craving a lot more of these.
PS - I couldn't find this particular shade and I'm so sad because it seems that they have discontinued it but I've included a link to all the shades.

#6 Makeup Revolution Ultra Velour Lip Cream - Can't we just make love instead?
I was drawn to this one because of the name (hashtag Logophile problems). I was on the hunt for a light peachy shade and this seemed to fit the bill at the time. The more I used it, I found myself always throwing it into my purse and reaching for it. It's a super moisturizing creamy textured gloss( as the name suggests) but lacks the pigmentation of a real lipstick and the glitter of glosses. I love it for a quick wash of colour for my lips without having to bother about sticky glosses and it's a life saver on minimal makeup days.

#7 Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - First Love
The last but the not the least, I had to have one from Revlon because they generally always please me with their lip products (Remember the lip butter obsession?). This shade - first love is a lustrous lipstick in a matte formulation, so you do need a couple of swipes to get your desired coverage but one shade gives you a nice, balmy look. This is a super pale nude on my skin with warm undertones and I like it for just that, to add some variety into my lip looks. However, the smell is something I really dislike about this product. So if you are particular about that, this isn't for you.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - First Love ,  Makeup Revolution Treat, Rimmel by Kate Moss #19, Palladio Meadow Sweet, Makeup Revolution Can't we make love instead?, NYX Liquid Suede in Soft Spoken, MUA Luxe Velvet Lacquer in Dare
( 1. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - First Love (Similar here), 2. Makeup Revolution Lipstick in Treat (Similar here), 3. Rimmel by Kate Moss #19, 4. Palladio Lipstick - Meadow Sweet ( See all the shades here), 5. Makeup Revlotion Ultra Velour Lip Cream - Can't we just make love instead?, 6. NYX Liquid Suede in Soft Spoken, 7. MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer - Dash)
What is your favourite nude lipstick? 

42 comments

  1. I love the MUA Lip Laquer, that's such a nice colour! I'm definitely going to have to buy one of those! Great post! :)

    - Jess

    jessicapatriciamartin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many shades I love here, my favourite is MUA in Dare and also Rimmel Kate Moss 19, both lovely shades to wear now!x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rimmel by Kate Moss lipsticks are SO good, so long lasting and the colour selection is lovely!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe I haven't tried any of these? My fave nude lipsticks are by L'Oreal and Maybelline! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I love Maybelline too :) They're lipsticks are awesome x

      Delete
  5. Lovely shades these are. Happy weekend, dear :)

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these picks! you can never go wrong with nude lippies! :) thanks for sharing!

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful collection doll. I love all different nude shades too x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to invest in a nude lipstick. I love your picks.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooohhh lippies!
    kisses from dubai ❤️
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely picks! The Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in First Love looks very lovely, I already know I love its formula yet it is true that the smell (especially when the lipstick is brand new) is a little bit odd!

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Great review!
    I love matte lipstick!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't tried any of these. But I'm keeping an eye on Nyx liquid lipsticks! :D When it comes to nude I really like Maybelline's creamy matte nudes. They are my favorite everyday lippies! Thank you for sharing this. I might check some out soon!

    https://thejoysofasleepyhead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I've seen them around but I need to pick them up x

      Delete
  14. I looove nude lipsticks too!! These look awesome <3

    she-loves-clothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. They're all so pretty, great photos!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super love the photos, really beautiful and the shades are really pretty looking! <3

    x, Kat | Nested Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post is life, love a good nude lip! The NYX Suede has to be mine!

    Parie x

    Class and Glitter

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the way Rimmel and NYX ones look! I need to get my hands on them :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colors you chose! They are so pretty.

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love a good nude lip. My fave is from L'oreal, but as my collection is small I'll have to give some of these a try. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick collection! I own a nude color, a red, and a pink!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like these colors ! So nude and classy.

    Manon -
    www.chouquettes-mascara.com

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.