K-Beauty Samples Collection #1 - Laneige, Etude House, Berrisom, Ogana Cell

August 11, 2017

kbeauty-samples-from-laneige-etude house-berrisom-ogana cell
I’ve received a ton of samples with my Kbeauty orders recently and I also bought a few sets just to try them out. Yes you can buy kbeauty samples for a dollar or two, sometimes more depending on where you buy it but still super inexpensive to try out a product before buying them. Since they’re not all easily accessible and take weeks to actually arrive, I think it’s such a great way to try and test out products. It is also a massive help when your skin hates a product, you can be informed right away and don’t have to deal with a full size product that is of no use to you. It’s pretty much impossible to return them or even pass them onto someone else unless you know a lot of K beauty addicts. So I hope these mini reviews/first impressions can be a nice and quick way to get introduced to some products.

#1 Laneige Water Sleeping Mask: An absolute cult classic product. Everyone who is already into K-beauty has tried it, I’m sure but I know there are a lot of people reading this who haven’t heard of it. This product is something you need to try. It’s a sleeping mask that you put on over your moisturizer at night for added hydration and plumping. It is a pale blue gel cream that showed results from the first use. I went to bed with redness on my cheeks and between my eyebrows which always happens to me because of dryness. I woke up with zero redness and a glowing complexion the next morning. I use a moisturizer every night anyway but this never happens instantly. It takes a week or more to soothe my sensitive skin when it has been irritated. I’ve used it three days straight so you don't need a lot of product to spread it all over your face. Honestly my skin looks so beautiful, I don’t even want to put on foundation. The full size is quite pricey but I’ll have to splurge on this one product.

Full Size:$28 for 70ml

#2 Berrisom Timetox Revitalizing Gel Toner: Well I’ve heard of watery toners and serum like toners but this is the first time I’ve ever found a toner that is a gel. Its consistency is exactly like an aloe vera gel, cooling but very sticky. I feel like the stickiness doesn’t completely go away even after you layer a moisturizer on top. I started feeling pretty hot and icky soon and I think it’s not something I’d use at night. Might work much better under makeup and help adhere to makeup because of its sticky texture but I wasn’t a huge fan.

Full Size: $20 for 130 ml
kbeauty-samples-from-laneige-etude house-berrisom-ogana cell

#3 Ogana Cell Peptide Concentrating Amazing Lotion: I was over the moon to receive this sample and you’re probably thinking what’s so special about this little, white sample? Well, the original size of this product retails for $180 - $200. This is a specially formulated lotion/emulsion for sensitive skin by dermatologists and is packed with high content of peptides. It’s a very light lotion with mild to no fragrance. I put it on after my morning toner and this feels so beautiful on the skin. It sinks in after 10 minutes so I let it take it’s time and what’s left behind is beautifully moisturized skin. No stickiness, no oiliness and no stretchiness either. The perfect feeling of moisturization without leaving any residue. This is a fantastic product but I don’t think I’m getting the full size anytime soon unless I win the lottery then I’ll pick one up for sure.

Full Size: $180 for 180ml

#4 Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream: I was excited to try this one out because it’s one of the most hyped up products from the brand Etude House. It is a gel cream texture as well but a lot of dry skinned people swear by it and people even say that it’s their perfect winter cream. So I decided it to test it out at night and although it works fine as a moisturizer, I feel like it sinks in pretty fast and leaving my skin a little dry like I’ve just cleansed it. I don’t find it rich enough to be used as a night cream. I've heard of a "deep cream" variety of this range as well and maybe it will be a little more hydrating. Also it contains alcohol which explains the cooling feeling just after application. I have totally cut out alcohol denat from my skincare so I’ve just been using it as a body lotion and won’t be repurchasing.

Full Size: $16 for 75ml

#5 Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask: Another product that is similar to the Laneige water sleeping mask but for your lips. First off this smells like bubblegum so I love, love, love the smell. However the texture of this is like a clear lip gloss and even looks like it on the lips. It has high shine, is kinda sticky and sort of sits on the lips. It does work wonderfully and makes chapped lips look healthy the next morning but the feeling of having something sit on my lips all night is a bit weird to me. I prefer a balm/salve that you rub in and it sinks in completely. Although I’ll use this one up especially during the day because my lips need moisturization all the time but I don't think I'll be repurchasing because I have other lip treatments at the moment.

Full Size: $16 for 20ml

Final Verdict: I'll be repurchasing the Laneige Sleeping Mask in full size and giving the rest a miss. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this short series of reviews and I’ll hopefully be back with a new one soon.

Post a Comment

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.