Korean Beauty : Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Cream for Combination Skin

August 18, 2017

Innisfree-Green-tea-balancing-cream-combination-skin-review
Innisfree is the first Korean brand I ever tried so it will always have a special place in my heart. This is where the love affair all started. I freaking love their gentle yet effective products that are a treat for anyone with sensitive skin. Most of their products are infused with ingredients from the infamous Jeju Island (which is now on my bucket list, thanks to them) If I could have my entire routine from this brand, I totally would! How often can you say that about an affordable – mid range brand really?  My love for trying new skincare is the only thing that stops that from becoming reality because I’m all about the experimentation from time to time. I have quite a few products from them and I’ve been nothing short of impressed with them.

So Innisfree have so many different skincare ranges where each range is formulated for specific skin types and concerns and each of them have the usual line of Korean products like creams, emulsions, toners, essences etc.

The Green Tea range is my personal favourite and it comes in 4 sets – Green Tea Fresh, Green Tea Balancing and Green Tea Moisture and Green Tea Seed Range.
Green Tea balancing is the range for combination skin! It’s got ingredients like green tea extracts (70%) and plant derived butters that are supposed to balance the oily parts and dry parts of the skin while still protecting it.

Quantity: 50ml
Price: $18

Ingredients: The Green Tea Extract (69.5%), Propanediol, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Orchid Extract, Cocoa Seed Butter, Camellia Leaf Extract, Prickly Pear Extract, Tangerine Peel Extract, Tangerine Extract, Orange Extract, Grapefruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Extract, Shea Butter, Betaine, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, C14-22 Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauric Acid, Myristic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Stearic Acid, Arachidyl Glucoside, Arachidyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, PPG-5-Laureth-5, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Fragrance  

Free from Parabens, Mineral oil, imidazolidinyl Urea, synthetic colorants. This product is Vegan and Cruelty Free!

Where do I even start with this cream? I’m a fangirl really. First up – No parabens, mineral oil, or alcohol denat. Not just in this cream but that’s pretty much the case for most of their products if not all. The alcohols you see in the ingredient list are fatty alcohols that are actually good for the skin. It comes in a cute little green tub with 50 ml of product which I think is fabulous.  The texture of this cream is very light, whipped- like but it is very moisturizing. This cream definitely leaves a dewy finish on the skin but also works beautifully under makeup. If you’re more on the oily side then you’d prefer using this at night and get the lotion version of this for daytime. However, sometimes it’s a real treat to apply it in the morning as well or under a super drying foundation. This cream has the most amazing smell. It has a herbal/fresh/garden/spring like scent to it which makes me feel refreshed every time I use it. I won’t say it’s overpowering at all though.
Innisfree-Green-tea-balancing-cream-combination-skin-review
This makes my skin moisturized from within. It is seriously hydrating but also completely sinks into the skin leaving behind a dewy finish. It keeps my skin hydrated all day and night. When I wake up, my face does look a little too glowy bordering on greasy but it’s just the extra oil that my skin produces and not the actual product. Once I cleanse my face in the morning, my skin looks well hydrated. It also layers with other products pretty well. It is usually the last step in my routine but I do occasionally use the Laneige WaterSleeping mask over this moisturizer and they work well together giving me amazing results.

This cream is so so gentle on my skin! When I had the weird blotchy reaction to a toner I used, this cream calmed my skin down and stopped the itchy feeling right away. It doesn’t aggravate any spots or redness. I love all the ingredients in it and it is genuinely great for combination skin because my dry skin patches are looking much better lately. I have been using this cream every single day since I got it a month ago and I will probably repurchase it when I run out. If not the balancing version, I’d like to try the Green Tea Seed Cream which is very popular as well. It’s crazy that I generously use this stuff every night, sometimes morning as well but it looks like I’ve just started using it. It's safe to say that I'm not parting with this product anytime soon.

Note: Innisfree is a Cruelty Free brand in Korea where this product is made but it sells in China.

Places you can find this : Style Korean, Innisfree , Jolse, Amazon 

Post a Comment

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.