Patisserie de Bain Strawberry Cupcake Body Lotion & Shower Creme Review

August 15, 2017

pattiserie-de-bain-strawberry-cupcake-hand-body-lotion-bath-shower-creme-review
I’m a big fan of Rose & Co products and when I discovered their sister brand, Patisserie de Bain was just as cute and delicious I had to give it a try. I picked up two products from their Strawberry Cupcake range – The Hand & Body Lotion and Bath & Shower Crème. I was in the market for a new lotion but I was obviously drawn to their beautiful, vintage inspired packaging. The labels, the colours and illustrations are so adorable. I like having matching lotion and shower products so I’m glad this range does it all. I’m always up for adding more ‘pink’ bath products to my home so I couldn’t resist.

Now, since both the products have the same scent I’ll just talk about it first. It is absolutely divine and delicious just like the name suggests. It’s a light, strawberry frosting scent but definitely without being overpowering or sickly sweet. However, it does not stay on much longer after application. I’m completely fine with that since I’m more about the application and getting ready process and layer on perfume anyway. Both of these products come in 200ml tubes, the Lotion costs £ 4 while the Shower Creme is £ 3.

Hand & Body Lotion:
This is a pale pink lotion in a pretty generously sized tube for the price. I love the hygienic tube packaging because it is not messy or involve dipping my fingers into a jar. It is a very light-weight lotion and definitely something for the hotter months. It goes on white as you rub it in and then it soaks into the skin pretty fast, leaving no residue. You can absolutely put this on without worrying about staining your clothes or anything. I prefer it over other lotions since it dries down completely instead of leaving a greasy, sticky layer on me. I’ve been looking for a product that is dry to the touch but is also a creamy consistency and I haven’t found anything as good as this one yet. It leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized all day. A big fan of this one! I think it’s going to last a long time as well.

Bath & Shower Crème:
This has a pale pink gel consistency which kind of surprised me. I was expecting a milky, cream like product from the name because I prefer something more moisturizing and creamy than clear gels. I find this product doesn’t lather very well in the shower and I have to end up using tons of it. It works much better as a bath product and also the smell lasts much longer. I was a little let down with this one simply because the name was  misleading but I’ll still keep using it because it smells amazing and doesn’t dry out my skin despite being a gel. It is still quite moisturizing. I wish it had the consistency of the ‘Original Source Raspberry & Vanilla Shower Gel’ which is one of my all time favourite products.


Overall, I am in love with this range. They have great value for the sizes and the packaging looks beautiful on my shelf. I am excited to try out their hand cream and a body mist from the same range which I’m sure I’ll like because I loved the lotion so much.  

Post a Comment

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.