Plaid and Bling

October 2, 2015

plaid blouse and mini denim skirt
90's denim skirt
As I sit here sipping a glass of iced coffee while I write this post, all I can wish for is normal autumn weather with a chilly breeze and crispy mornings. In reality, the weather here has been far from that. It feels like summer is genuinely back from the last few days with insanely hot days which creates for a very confusing situation when it comes to dressing for autumn.
I wanted to look autumnal with some deep reds, mustards and the likes paired with some knee high boots but that seems like a distant dream for now. This is the outfit that seemed appropriate for this in between/ annoying weather.

I paired a sheer plaid shirt because it was much more cooler and breezy than an actual flannel one paired with another 90's trend that's back in action - the denim mini skirt. I remember how it was the go to outfit for looking cool in school and every queen bee of a clique was wearing it. So were the celebrities and their mothers. It was so nostalgic to see some of my favourite stores having them up in display. For the lack of knee high boots, I put on my black and gold jelly flats because they are the comfiest things to walk in and the worst case scenario in hot weather is having sweaty shoes. You can't even get close to that in these lightweight sandals. Of course I had to have a hat to protect my eyes and head from the blazing sun and this is the time I could play with some autumnal colours so I brought out this lovely Burgundy one I bought from FOREVER 21 a while back and I'll be hopefully getting a ton of use out of this one.

plaid blouse in the woods
jelly sandals
Plaid and Gold outfit
Sheer Plaid Blouse - SIMILAR | Denim Mini Skirt - Courtesy of 9th grade ( SIMILAR ) | Gold Belt - SIMILAR | Mini Quilted Clutch - Forever 21 ( Out of stock)  SIMILAR | Thong Sandals - Similar HERE and HERE | Burgundy Fedora - FOREVER 21|
Burgundy and PlaidJelly gold thong sandals

22 comments

  1. Love the shirt!! You look fab :)

    Paula | Lifestyle & Laffs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love plaided shirt! you look gorgeous! anyways, I also love your blog header :D

    Dice | Wildest Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kandice! Haha, thanks for noticing the change ;) x

      Delete
  3. Oooh, the plaid shirt is awesome! It's definitely perfect for the autumn weather. You look beautiful <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much <3 I love plaid for the autumn x

      Delete
  4. Very stylish look!
    www.annarise.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look, I like how the denim skirt is a different style to all the others you see! Love the photography as always xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely! I do own a button down denim skirt too but I have been kinda liking this one more lately x

      Delete
  6. Cute look! Love the top!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit looks gorgeous and so autumny! Love it :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the colors and how well they complement each other. It's a fun, simple look and your makeup and pedicure look good as well ;) Xx

    Phoebe
    http://www.phoebegiggles.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.