Indie Favourites 2015

October 28, 2015

Photograph by Nan Palermo via Flickr
I finally dedicated some time to organizing my iTunes songs into playlists because the clean freak in me was starting to trouble me. All I did was get rid of duplicate tracks or stuff I don't listen to anymore or just didn't like from an album and decide to discard those so that some valuable space is freed on my phone. If you are an iPhone user too you know the pain of storage space because you're always downloading apps, games and own a ton of music like me.
Indie music is one of my favourite genres of music that I listen to. You can probably say it's all I listen to from the past few years especially on other mixtape apps, Youtube, Tv shows and movie soundtracks where Indie musicians usually collaborate on and SoundCloud. Anything chill, indie , a little folksy is my jam. There are tons of artists I'm loving this year. I thought I'll do an accumulation of all the tracks I've really loved in the past few months. Most of them are songs released in the last 2-3 years, some great jems that I've discovered this year. You can listen to the playlist below of all the tracks mention, particularly great for commute. Also note that the tracks get shuffled when you replay the playlist so they might not be in this particular order. Give them a listen if you're an indie lover or new to the genre!

Mixtape:
1.I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
2.If It Wasn't For You - Various Cruelties.
3.Flowers In Your Hair - The Lumineers.
4.Happy( Cover of Pharell William's song) - Foxes.
5.From Eden - Hozier.
6. Mess Is Mine - Vance Joy.
7.The River - Imagine Dragons.
8.The Last Unicorn - Passenger.
9.What You Know - Two Door Cinema Club.
10.Budapest - George Ezra.
11.High Hopes - Kodaline.
12.In The Long Run - The Staves.
13.Bright - Echosmith.
14.I Love You Will Sound The Same - Oh Honey.
15. The Wire - HAIM.
16. Say anything  Tristan Prettyman.
17. Young - The Paper Kites.
18. Bloodstream - Stateless.
19.What A Good Woman Does - Joy Williams.
20.Unstoppable - Alex Goot.
21.I Wanna Be Yours - Arctic Monkeys.
22. Naked As We Came - Iron and Wine.
23. Mend - The Weepies.
24. Believe - Mumford and Sons.

Special Mentions to a few songs :
'What a Good Woman Does' by Joy Williams is her first single since ' The Civil Wars' broke up last year who were my absolute favourite duo and I was surprised to hear her new single, so full of emotion and feeling. It is speculated to be about the musical breakup.
'Unstoppable' by Alex Goot, a Youtube music star wrote this song recently for this fiance and it is the loveliest, most real description of what it feels like to expect a new life with someone.( Not that I know, but I felt like I did.)
'Mend' by The Weepies is a phenomenal song. It is my first and only song that I have heard from them but I was blown away by their sound.

Artists that I loved this year:
1.Bastille - I would be lying if I said that they are not my favourite band since 2013 and I still listen to their songs quite often. Hoping they'd come out with a new album soon.
2.Echosmith - A band formed by four siblings with the lead singer Sydney, who has a marvellous voice. I love her especially.
3.The Staves - Another band of siblings, these three beautiful sisters have the voices of angels, a great chill vibe to their songs and mostly play acoustic tunes. One of them also plays the Ukulele and I'm a beginner player as well and that's how I discovered them.
4.Tom Odell - I have mentioned his songs in my past posts and although he isn't exactly indie anymore but his songs 'Long Way Down' from TFIOS and 'Heal' from If I Stay are wonderful pieces.
5.Hozier - He is a promising new artist this year with such a great album. I loved each and every song and to be such a newcomer and have such a great, professional album and also get to perform in festivals is a great start.

PS - If any music bloggers want to get in touch/collaborate with me on some posts, have a look at my Contact page

2 comments

  1. You should try listening to Pinoy Indie artists, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never really heard any, what are some you like? x

      Delete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.