Winter Favourites

March 21, 2016

Winter favourites 2016

Hello there! Are you as excited for Spring/Summer as I am? That also means I need to put together a post of everything that I loved in the past winter season- my favourites and my must haves. So let's get started.
1. Fashion:
Roll- necks were all over the stores this past winter season and I loved indulging in them. I have a few Mock neck tops and such but I didn't shy away from wearing full turtle necks because they were extremely comfortable and kept me warm even when I went away on a winter trip to the mountains! My favourite one to wear was this Cream Roll Neck by Miss Selfridge which is also a little cropped style and looks great with some high waisted jeans/pants and also with coats and cardigans over it.It is is a tight fitted one and I enjoyed it a little bit more than the slouchy roll necks trend because I wasn't sure if those were for me. Next up, is my trusty black beanie which I've had for a while now but I love how it's not too warm so I can easily wear it while transitioning from one season to another and also keeps my hair protected from the wind.
Makeup favourites in 2015
2. Makeup:
My go-to everyday contour and highlight palette was this Baked and Bronze Palette by Freedom Makeup because of the number of versatile highlight shades it has. I was mainly into highlighting in the colder season to keep my skin looking glowy everytime it got a bit dull.The Essence Silky Touch Blush in Kissable(70) was a great berry tone for my skin, it brightened my face up and I love how nice and blendable it is despite the low price tag. My all time favourite foundation for the last couple of months has been the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation! I am utterly in love with this foundation because I believe I've found my perfect shade and finish in this range. It is not a full coverage foundation and I can see why it's not for everyone. If you're anything like me and love the natural finish and sheer to medium coverage, I think you would love it. It has great staying power too! Keeps my makeup on for a good 8-10 hours and I have combination skin so it keeps looking great on my skin. I've been hearing that it's going to be discontinued soon and that breaks my heart but it isn't going to stop me from stocking up another bottle at least!
My favourite deep berry toned lipstick for this season was Maybelline Color Sensational in Wine Festival. I've raved a ton about this shade over on my post about my Autumn/Winter Drugstore Lipstick Picks. I love how it looks like I have hardly used it but trust me I used it every other day in autumn/winter and it's so pigmented you don't need a lot.It's definitely a dupe for a lot of higher end berry shades. My last and final makeup favourite( Phew, there were a handful) is NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yoghurt! I love this shade for all over eye base and with a little blending, I'm good to go. It's a very pretty champagne/rose gold colour.
Lifestyle favourites post
3.Lifestyle:  
Now onto some lifestyle products, I loved using my Bath and Body Works Moonlight  Path Body Mist. If you're really into beauty, you'll know that everybody is obsessed with their body products. I particularly enjoyed this scent because the others that I own/have owned by them were quite sickly sweet and perfect for summer. This one however is more of a calming scent and much more of an evening scent with notes of lavender, musk and sandalwood which I enjoy very much, Keeping up with the calming theme, my favourite candle to burn this time of the year was the 'Rain Water' Candle by the Etsy Store Bow &Arrow Candle Co. It is so fresh, calming and a great scent for winter evenings if you want a break from warm and woodsy scents.
4. Random bits:
My favourite thing to eat in the chocolate department has been the Hershey's Kisses in Cookies n Creme. I had never tried this flavour until now when I got a packet of these (along with the other flavours) gifted to me and I am completely in love.( It's all over my instagram/twitter) It is a white chocolate variant of the famous chocolates with Oreo crumbs in the centre. Definitely an oreo lover's dream! If you haven't tried this flavour yet, you must go get a bag because I've been literally eating mine at the rate of 6 per minute.
My music favourites this month has been Imagine Dragon's album - Night Visions. It was released back in 2012 and there are some songs I had heard before and I'm sure you have too but it's only now that I've listened to all the tracks and been loving the album in it's entirety. Another band I've been fangirling over is Boyce Avenue and their album 'All we have left' has been playing on repeat. They are well known on Youtube for their covers but their original albums are absolutely amazing too.
From all the TV Shows I've been watching, I am particularly obsessed with PLL(Duh), The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt that I finished in ONE DAY! Yes it was so good and the second season's coming on Netflix in April and I can't wait to watch it again.
Winter-favourites-2015
I hope you enjoyed this rambly Winter favourites post as it was long overdue and I had a lot to talk about. What did you love this past winter?

73 comments

  1. I love the palette !

    http://clothespaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great winter favorite!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your faves! Love that palette!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. your favourites are hearts. I would love to smell the calm scent of Moonlight path.

    kandice.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kandice! It is a very nice, sensual scent.

      Delete
  5. Mmm, so stunning eyeshadows. Love!!
    http://www.glaringwaves.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are actually highlighters but can be used as shadows too.x

      Delete
  6. The palette looks absolutely gorgeous, I am really envious hahaha, I need that in my life!! I have been absolutely LOVING turtle necks, they're my go to, I am so obsessed, I am going to be so sad when its summer and it's too warm to wear them! xxx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Becky for stopping by! I agree turtle necks are already being missed! :( They're headed to the back of my wardrobe.

      Delete
  7. The palette is gorgeous! Love the pictures :) xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. That palette looks dreamy. Awesome post x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely favourites! The palette looks nice! Also, Imagine Dragons are really great.

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovelies! Imagine Dragons, I can't stop talking about them I guess haha

      Delete
  10. I absolutely loved PLL this winter. It is so good! Also, turtle necks kept me warm too :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leta! :) I absolutely agree with you, haha

      Delete
  11. Love these flat lays! Looks so good, and the turtle neck sweater is so fab!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post and perfect photos! :)
    ksenijinkutak1.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha, love how kisses made their way into this post lol! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! haha, they are so delicious. I couldn't help myself.

      Delete
  14. I don't get to wear winter clothing in Singapore where I live but a roll-neck sure sounds like a great idea in cold climate!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice way to know more about you.

    www.theglossychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Turtle necks were high on my list of things to love this past winter too, they can be so cosy! The 'Rain Water' candle sounds super interesting and overall, I just love the positivity of this post - listing your favourite things! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabrielle for your kind comment :)) I enjoyed writing about my favourite things a lot!

      Delete
  17. I loved wearing roll necks in the winter. They're so cosy.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your flat lays and I love Bath and Body Works Mists's as well! They are the best!

    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! They are so long wearing for a mist.

      Delete
  19. Love these flatlays... super cute

    I hope your having an amazing week

    Filipa xxx
    PlayingWithApparel.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  20. Palette looks amazing! Love your favorites!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are adorable! I've never used that palette - I so want to try it. Lovely pictures, beautiful!

    xx www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need that palette and lipstick in my life, love your favourites, even though it's apparently spring it might as well be winter in the UK.

    www.thehanaaedit.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! The lipstick is my absolutely favourite. Don't want to stop wearing it even though it's Spring.

      Delete
  23. I am always down for an amazing scented candle.

    XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a great post, I always love hearing what other items people keep on their list of favorites. I'm definitely with you on a white turtleneck!

    Hailey
    www.themiddlecloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Hailey! I agree, I love reading about people's favourites as well!

      Delete
  25. That baked and bronze palette looks so beautiful, I need it in my life! I've never tried Hershey's chocolate, I think it's time to make a change! Hope your Easter is lovely! X

    Sally - DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally! Hope you had a lovely Easter as well :)

      Delete
  26. Lovely post! I really want to try these products! :O The baked one looks amazing. <3

    The Dazzle Guide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baked palette is really top quality. You should try it :)

      Delete
  27. Love that makeup palette !

    www.susannahzabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous pictures, i'm loving that turtleneck! I really like your blog, let me know if you would like to follow each other!

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Above all this, i want that kisses chocolate.
    Great faves for winter.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha,The Kisses are probably my most favourite!

      Delete
  30. I always love lighting candles as a way to relax after a long day! Thanks for sharing!!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great winter favorites! I love the neutral palette!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great picks! I need that palette!
    www.streetmadonna.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love wearing roll neck jumpers! They always look so lovely. Your cream one is gorgeous x

    hannahsnotebook.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your winter favourites especially the turtleneck! ;)

    http://pixiethe90s.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Priscilla! We share the same love for turtlenecks!

      Delete
  35. No winter where I live (Malaysia!) but a nude/beige turtle neck has been a staple when I traveled to colder places during winter :) Fabulous and comfy!!

    Real Life Nerd
    www.vivienekok.com

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.