Sweetheart Pinafore Dress

April 15, 2016

Sweetheart-pinafore-dress-spring-outfit
White-shirt-with-pinafore-dress
Vintage-Brown-Satchel
It's quite common for me to hoard a lot of clothes and this one is no exception. It is my super vintage sweetheart pinafore dress. I've had it for a couple of years now and it's probably vintage, but this trend is so back on the fashion wagon yet I couldn't any with a sweetheart neckline. I probably wasn't looking well enough after I discovered this beauty again. I simply adore the neckline, how it gives a little feminine look to this dress. The button down in the front is very sixties inspired and this brown plaid combined with a tie at the waist is so "Clueless". I have never really moved on from there, don't plan to anytime soon (Haha!).
I've paired it with a simple jersey material - white shirt which is so easy to wear even when the temperature is rising. This with a pair of plain blue jeans is soon going to be all I wear. Although if I wasn't a complete heel- phobe on weekdays, I would've opted for a nice chunky heeled brown boots. However, I love how this looked with some black tights and my black converse. Can this shoe ever do any wrong? I think not! It goes with everything and this is my first trying it with a dress and it worked perfectly with this. I need to be a little more daring to wear them out with more cute dresses too like those perfect street styles on tumblr, you know?
Sixties-Plaid-Pinafore-Dress-with-White-Shirt
|Plain White Shirt - SIMILAR, Plaid Pinafore Dress - Old (SIMILAR) , Shoes - Converse (HERE), Brown Vintage Bag - Old(SIMILAR)|
Black-Tights-Pinafore Dress-and-Black-Converse
Pinafore-Plaid-Dress-and-White-Shirt-Outfit
Black-Sneakers-with-black-tights

51 comments

  1. You look adorable, the shoes and dress are so good together. Hugs, Kait
    www.makeminemaroon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your purse! Looks a lot like one I have :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute and I love the pattern!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice outfit and the sneakers go so well with it!

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress! It looks so english schoolgirl paired with your satchel and converse! (I mean that in the best way possible :)

    xx
    Lizzie | Garland Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Thank you! I take that as a compliment because I love the school girl look x

      Delete
  6. looking vintage haha except for the shoes but it fits well

    kandice.me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah this look is adorable, love the pinafore dress! xx
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so sweet, I love the pattern too. Also loving your handbag it's so vintage and classic, I want one! x

    Sally - DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
  9. i absolutely love the way you have styled this outfit,it is perfect and you look fab x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still on the lookout for a great pinafore dress. I think they're super versatile and can be styled in different ways.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!They can really be a good substitute for jeans and still make you look like you've put in effort.

      Delete
  11. Such a cute dress!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really can't get over your georgous header, it looks so lovely!!!

    Your bag and your dress are made for eacht other, it harmonizes really well together! Vintage + vintage fits well ;)

    Have a nice weekend!
    xx

    WONDERWALLFLOWER

    ReplyDelete
  13. This outfit is the loveliest! Obsessed with that bag. :)

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing outfit! Love the details!
    Have a wonderful day!
    XO Erica
    www.ericavoyage.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great look! Perfectly styled! I like the dress and the bag a lot! xoxo

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute pinafore dress, you look so lovely in it!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute ! I like this little dress !

    http://clothespaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a stunning dress, I love how you combined it with your chucks. Like you said these shoes go with every outfit and they definitely make your outfit look very tumblr. ;) I really need to get my hands on a pinafore dress, I think I'm the only blogger out there who doesn't own one. xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mira for your sweet comment. :) I'm glad you liked my post and I think you should definitely get a pinafore dress because they're so easy to wear x

      Delete
  19. i like your look! x

    jess x | wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute dress!

    www.livinginsteil.com
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so sweet and cute darling.
    I love the dress over white button down shirt.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you Jamie for your kind comment! xx

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.