My Netflix Addiction

April 29, 2016

Netflix-addiction-favourite-shows
With my internship having ended this month and no university work for a couple of weeks, I’ve gotten really addicted to Netflix. There are just so many shows I’ve been binge watching whenever I get the time and what I’m mostly into are Netflix originals aka shows that haven’t been aired on normal television. I thought this would be a nice way for you guys to watch some new shows if you haven’t already or if you've been watching the same ones, we can discuss our favourite moments in the comments below!

1.Unbreakable Kimmy Schimdt: This one’s a huge show on Netflix right now and I’m quite sure if you stalk Netflix constantly, you have either watched the show or thought about it. It’s one of Tina Fey’s creations and that’s what drew me to it first but Two seasons later, I’m absolutely in love with it. I’ve missed having a goofy, innocent comedy on television which has not a lot to do with realities of life. Kimmy has the perfectly not-so-normal life and the most interesting characters as her friends which makes the show so entertaining.

2.LOVE: A very real and modern take on today’s relationships with added humour and crazy moments. Mickey’s ( Gillian Jacobs) character is just hilarious with her failed relationships, lifestyle and addictions. She is a very real character who is full of flaws yet makes it easy for us to fall in love with her. (Also, her style is just so on point.) I really like her style/stylist on the show. The best part about this show is it’s not predictable at all. Especially the dynamics between Mickey and the main character Gus, a nice guy as people like to think of him.

3.Open Heart: This isn’t a new show and I realized it’s not an original a few weeks after actually watching the series. It has aired on Nick before but I didn’t think of it to be very childish or anything. It’s a teen drama alright but it’s a teen medical/family drama and it’s a lot darker than any of the other teen drama shows I’ve watched before. It’s about a girl trying to solve the mystery about her missing father who has disappeared without any letter and her family is acting quite suspiciously unbothered about it. This has only one season and it’s quite different in the sense that the actors are all new and there’s no news about the second season yet but I hope they do come up with one because the ending was a cliffhanger.

4.Russell Peters ‘Notorious’ tour: This is an hour/ hour and a half long show from Russell Peter’s live show when he was on tour a few years back and it has been exclusively released on Netflix which got me all excited. I’m a long time fan and although it’s not for everyone because his jokes are well known for being racist and making fun of culture stereotypes but it’s all in good humour. If you love some good stand up, you’ll like this one and probably laugh till you have tears(like I did!)

5.F is for Family: This is an animated show(comedy) about a Family in the 70’s which has quickly become my new favourite in 6 episodes which were released a few months ago I think. They’re not perfect but they’re the quirkiest family in the neighbourhood. It’s fairly new and it’s great to see Netflix bringing back more animated shows(for adults) because it’s been ages since I’ve seen a good one since Daria and The Simpsons and this one has a very similar feel to those shows. Also, the 70’s culture has been incorporated in a very clever and hilarious way. Big thumbs up to this one!

40 comments

  1. I ended my internship this month too, actually just today. I discovered a new show on Nextflix. Rick and Morty and Z nation. I will check out number 4 & 5 :)

    kandice.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Congrats Kandice. Thanks for the recommendations! I've actually never watched both of them before x

      Delete
  2. Netflix has only been available here in Hungary for some months, and I haven't really discovered its shows yet, so this is very helpful! Thank you for sharing!

    xo, Esther

    http://bubblesther.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing your internship, I'm sure you're loving your newly-earned freedom!

    I really need to pick up Kimmy Schmidt again, I watched a few episodes & loved it!

    Sinéad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! Kimmy Schimdt is an amazing show, you'll finish it very fast once you get into it x

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the header of your blog and the way the design ties into the rest of the complete blog, very nice! I'm struggling to update and reinvent my blog header at the moment... very impressed!

    xx, rebecca
    awayinparadise.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you so much :) This comment really made me happy hehe x Good luck with yours!

      Delete
  5. Netflix is dangerous. I like The Unbreakable Kimmy Schimdt. I'll have to check out the others.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many good recommendations! Such a rabbit hole though.... Hugs, Kait
    www.makeminemaroon.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I found your blog. I love it :) I've been addicted to Netflix as well but the shows and movies showing here in my country are limited :( I wanted to watch GIlmore Girls. Thanks for the recommendation though! Some you mentioned are available here.

    http://thewallflowersecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely! Yay for being a fellow Gilmore Girls fan x :) I've heard a lot of famous "old" shows aren't available everywhere (yet) but the new shows that I mentioned are or that's what I have been hearing.

      Delete
  8. i don't have netflix unfortunately !

    http://clothespaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay so I haven't watched any of the ones you've mentioned but I'm SO excited for holidays to start so I can binge watch! Thanks for sharing x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for holidays binge watching. That's what I'm doing at the moment!

      Delete
  10. Actually I haven't seen a single one of these! I really like the sound of LOVE, so maybe I should check this one out :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! You will like it I'm sure. It's very quirky indeed!

      Delete
  11. I haven't seen any of these but F is for Family sounds great, and definitely worth checking out! xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! It is soo good and different from anything that's been on TV lately x

      Delete
  12. I completely misuse the point of Netflix. All I do on it is re watch Merlin and Gossip Girl because I get overwhelmed by the about of shows I have to choose from. :S Congratulations on your internship completion!

    Sally - DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Gossip Girl is my own guilty pleasure too. Thank you Sally!! x

      Delete
  13. I signed to HBO

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE sounds amazing, will definitely have to go check out! <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely you should! I hope you enjoy it Sophie! xx

      Delete
  15. I am definitely addicted to Netflix too and I'm currently in a place with only limited internet connection so I already got withdrawal symptoms haha. I haven't heard of these three shows but I would love to watch 'Love' it sounds really interesting. :) xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Mira! x Definitely watch LOVE as soon as you canx

      Delete
  16. I really want to watch Kimmy Schmidt! Thanks for sharing x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Open Heart. I watched it in 2 days as I simply couldn't wait to see what will happen next.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh finally there's someone who has watched "Open Heart" hehe! x It is so underated.

      Delete
  18. I've been trying to catch up on watching YouTube videos recently so I haven't been watching any new shows, but I really want to start some new ones! I've not heard any of these ones before!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Youtube has taken a back seat for me because I'm watching so much Netflix. THanks :)

      Delete
  19. Great style, I love the tailoring of the top and very cute shoes.

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin' ll Join the Secret Guide

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm coveting your bohemian blouse! <3 <3 <3 Russell Peters just cracks me up everytime hahahaha. I like watching his old shows on Youtube, his new ones are very rarely uploaded to Youtube unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's great to have Russell Peters on Netflix now so HQ live shows are always available. Thank you x

      Delete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.