Checked Shirt Dress & Neckerchief

May 14, 2016

Sixties Checks Shirt Dress with neckerchief
Paisely printed neckerchief with orange lip
Checked shirt dress, neckerchief and black freya flats
(Checks Shirt Dress : Vintage ( Similar HERE), Paisley Printed Neckerchief : TopShop, Braided Belt :Forever 21, Freya Shoes : TopShop , Black Bucket Bag : Similar HERE)

I am always in favour of trends that don't really break the bank and the "neckerchief" trend is no exception to that. Apart from being really cute, it is so easily available in so many stores. Topshop does some really good ones and in every colour and material too! Mine is the "western inspired" paisley pattern and I chose "black" because I own majority of my accessories in that colour(It is a lifestyle). And what better to pair it with than a classic checkered shirt dress. I am kind of fond of the print how it can be mistaken for a masculine print, however I think it looks great in a feminine cut dress like this one. With my quilted bucket bag and my favourite pair of summer shoes at the moment, the Freya shoes from Topshop, this made for a great casual day outfit. While lace up shoes are all the rage in the summer, I had a pair and I found that they get ruined or come undone quite easily when you have a great deal of walking to do. This Freya Pair is quite like lace up except with the buckles, it's way more sturdy and can make through long days like this one.
I headed out pretty early to catch a show of Captain America : Civil War which was very interesting (especially the addition of Peter Parker made it that much more cool for me), I think I was the only one so pumped about Dr Watson, Emily Thorne & Niki Lauda being in the film(if not more than the Avengers at some point). The movie was  followed by lunch at the cutest cafe (which also served some fantastic food) I have been to in a while that I didn't even know existed and so it rightly took us some time to find it but it was all worth it in the end. Now to think about it, it was one of the better days of May!
Western Paisley print neckerchief in black
Black quilted bucket bag
Topshop Freya Shoes with Checks Dress
TopShop Black Freya Flats

45 comments

  1. so vintage girl! haha love the style :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shirt dresses! Great look; the flats go so well with it.

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, dear! Have a nice day .x

    http://www.fayeisabella.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this casual chic dress look! That scarf is such a great touch and dying over your flats.

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a really good day & I also really like your outfit - the dress is amazing and so are the shoes! It is such a good to use a neckerchief to add a special touch to an outfit. xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Mira! The neckerchief is such a versatile piece. It really goes with so many outfits x

      Delete
  6. beautiful dress!!
    http://federicaferraro.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your outfit. You look stunning!

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so pretty in this outfit! Love the addition of the scarf!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dress is so pretty!!

    www.thedress-sense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!

    https://www.amandachic.com/
    https://instagram.com/amandachic_official/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great day, and I love your dress paired with the bandana! Seriously too cute!

    Happy Monday, love!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those ballerinas are everything <3 Love the look!

    http://www.thebeargirl.com/blog/rediscovered

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Diana! They're so good with any outfit x

      Delete
  13. you look so pretty. Love this look
    www.kmeetsstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That checked dress is so cute! And love how it looks with the choker bandana! :)
    xoxo

    Ileana

    <a href="http://www.novelstyleblog.com/meet-amber/" rel="nofollow”>Novelstyle Blog</a>

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute shoes! I love tying something around my neck. I usually use small scarves. :) Nice outfit.

    Xo,
    Miki
    http://mikialamode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miki! I love them too, finding cute patterns of those are my goal right now x

      Delete
  16. You look so cute with this outfit ! <3

    http://clothespaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This dress is everything! You look gorge doll :)

    Check out my latest post, if you get a min xxx
    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. The checked dress is so cute! Love the look! :-)

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a gorgeous look on you! I love the coral peach lip you have paired with the print :)
    - Ambar | Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ambar! This lipstick is an obsession right now :)

      Delete
  20. I love a good neckerchief and you look amazing, fab blog layout too! xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a stunning look! I am beyond thrilled about the 'neckerchief' trend - and you are pulling it off sooo good, hon! Lovely dress!
    Glad you enjoyed Captain America. I was thinking whether to go watch it so now I definitely will :)
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nadia for your sweet comment :) I think you should definitely go and see it, it was fun! x

      Delete
  22. That dress is gorgeous and you look lovely :)

    Lauren | huggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.