The Eleanor and Park Soundtrack

May 28, 2016

Eleanor-and-Park-Soundtrack
Illustrated by the talented, Tonn  from @tonnns on instagram!
Eleanor & Park can easily make into the top teenage love stories of our generation. It is different, emotional and addresses some real issues. I wish I had read it when I was in high school because it makes understanding so many feelings and situations easier. Having recently read the book, I immediately thought about what songs the soundtrack should have if this book is ever made into a movie. I would definitely like to see a movie like my favourites - "Once" and "Begin Again" which are similar in the sense that the love stories happen because of music. I googled a little and found that there is a movie being made indeed but couldn't find much information about it or even a possible soundtrack so I thought I would make my own.
This is my playlist that I like to call 'The Eleanor & Park Soundtrack' which has some songs from Park and Eleanor's favourite 80s bands and some tracks that I think would fit well with the story. There are some classics like "Love Me Do" and "How Soon Is Now?" by Eleanor & Park's favourite bands. The 'Can't stop falling in love with you' feeling best described by Elvis and a little number from Tom Odell. "Love Will Tear Us Apart" and "With Me" to describe the moment they had a fight around Christmas. I can imagine"All I Ask" playing when Park leaves Eleanor at her uncle's house(this song makes my heart break) and "With or Without You" for Park waiting for a letter, a call, a sign from Eleanor. I like to think it was a happy ending after all, "Here Comes The Sun..after a cold, lonely winter" to finish off, as Park thinks he finally has a sign, a word that Eleanor will find a way back to him(wearing his tshirt for some extra feels).  Enjoy!
Track List
1. "How Soon Is Now?" - The Smiths.
2."Love Me Do" - The Beatles
3."I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" - Elvis Presley 
4. "Grow Old With Me" - Tom Odell
5."Steady As You Go" - Tiz McNamara
6."With Me" - Sum 41
7."Love Will Tear Us Apart" - Joy Division.
8."With or Without You" - U2
9. "All I Ask" - Adele
10. "Here Comes The Sun" - The Beatles

58 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this. The Smiths are so good -Hanna Lei

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this!! I like almost all the songs you have selected! I love The Smiths, The Beatles and Tom Odell <33

    she-loves-clothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The illustration was so good! I have to admit that I have no idea of the musicians mentioned in the book so thanks for making this playlist! :D

    Love, Richel. | Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this book yet, but this playlist makes me want to! Have a lovely weekend <3

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Post! I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing! xx

    @OHIAMIHT BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such lovely soundtrack! I love those songs :)
    Thanks for sharing it with us x

    http://www.serenbird.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the songs in your soundtrack, I wanna listen to some of them now but not sure the neighbours would appreciate it as it's quite late haha
    Amy xx
    Call Me Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely playlist. I'll love listening to this playlist while relaxing.

    Love, Fads
    InstagramTwitter

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure if I am familiar with this title but it's now something I certainly want to read. Will definitely look into this one!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a novel by Rainbow Rowell! You should def read it :) x

      Delete
  10. the playlist is great! fits the whole idea of the book. I haven't read it, although I read the summary of the book while I was at the bookstore.

    kandice.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, Kandice! It's a wonderful book.

      Delete
  11. I have never read this book. It sounds interesting.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! I love this playlist! I absolutely loved the book, so thank you so much for sharing this!
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you so much :) It's great to get approval from a fellow reader :)

      Delete
  13. I have to be honest here, I have no idea what you are talking about. Was I living under a rock? I'll have to google this like right now, haha. But this is a very lovely playlist! I love most of these songs :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leta :) It's a wonderful book. I think you will enjoy is so much!

      Delete
  14. Great selection of awesome tunes doll x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep hearing about this book everywhere- must give it a read! X
    eleanorfrances.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go grab a copy! It's a really refreshing read x

      Delete
  16. This was such lovely playlist!

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very lovely post!I didn't know this book, so thanks for the suggestion!
    Sophia
    www.sophiasfashiondiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Sum 41 <3

    http://clothespaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! A lot of high school feels with that song x

      Delete
  19. I've never heard of the book before but it sounds like a lovely story and your song choices are great too x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post, thanks for sharing!

    Take care doll! Oh, I'm hosting a giveaway, I'd love if you entered!
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your post was so goooood! I loved it and sounds like a great book

    Who Will Call

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a lovely post dear. Happy Wednesday!
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing, I'll check it out soon! :)

    xx, rebecca
    awayinparadise.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cool songs! I'm fan of Adele ;) She has a great voice...

    http://julianacheva.blogspot.bg/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Great taste in music for sure. :)
    www.streetmadonna.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post idea. I just read this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. When I review it for my blog I will link to your post. Your choices would be a perfect soundtrack. I hope the movie project goes forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading, Sarah! It was so nice of you to link to my blog :) I enjoyed your post very much as well!

      Delete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.