My Spring Favourites 2016

July 1, 2016

My Spring Favourites 2016
Another season has flown by and I cannot even begin to talk about how surprised I am. The first half of 2016 is over and I didn't even notice when that happened. Perhaps, I'm a little late with this post as it's been "full-blown" summer for a while now but I've got a lot of favourites from this spring. so let's get into it!
My Spring Beauty Favourites 2016
Beauty Favourites
BEAUTY: Night Creams have never really been a part of my routine, especially because they tend to be really thick and heavy and I hate the feeling of having it on my face before going to bed as it's really humid where I live. However this Aloe Soothing Night Cream is light and moisturising at the same time without being super sticky. It really adds a glow to my skin the next morning whenever I use it. Next up is my precious new discovery, Bio Oil which I have already got a 'in depth' post about here but honestly it has done wonders for my leg scars to make them summer ready! I have two favourite lip products - a bright orangy red which screams summer more than spring but I think there's no denying that it's the most flattering shade to wear with most outfits at any time of the year.The Maybelline's Bold Matte Lipstick in Matte 4 is a beautiful and (almost)matte shade without being drying at all. Another lip product I've been getting a lot of use out of is my Makeup Revolution Lip Velour in 'Can't we just make love instead'. Apart from having a really sassy name, this shade of nudey pink is the perfect spring shade and also lasts a good few hours on me. The Freedom Decadence Palette has been my go-to everyday eyeshadow palette and I've been in love with the darker reddish/plummy hues so much as they're clearly more used than the lighter colours. The final beauty product is actually my holy grail concealer - Maybelline Fit Me Concealer which is honestly a life saver every single morning as I do have to wake up super early on weekdays.
My Spring Fashion Favourites 2016
Fashion Favourites
FASHION: This season I did get very trendy with my fashion choices as compared to the usual sticking to my regular style. Ruffles are so in this season and these tie up details have been popular since last summer so when I found this little top with both in it, I had to grab it. It's also the perfect red colour that matches my lipstick. Next is a classic breton striped tshirt is something I repurchase all the time but this one's different - it has bits of silver threads woven in patterns in between the stripes. It's a mock neck elbow length sleeve type of top which is honestly my favourite style to wear lately. Then I've got my pair of leopard print sunglasses from Zaful  I've been wearing these constantly. They are a cat eye shape and are perfect for summer time as well. My Black Paisley printed Neckerchief had to be in this post because let's be honest, I loooove it to bits. It is so easy to experiment with it. It goes with tops, tshirts, dresses - just about anything. A special mention to my Chloe Faye bag dupe from New Look which I featured in this post and although it's not in the picture as that love affair started a bit after these were clicked, but it is my current obsession.
My Spring Random Favourites
Random bits!
RANDOM: I'm the kind of person who always has more random favourites than beauty and fashion choices combined and I am not going to disappoint this season either. For starters, I've to put it out there that I re-watched all six seasons of Gossip Girl in May. I don't know how I managed to do that in one month's time. I probably didn't leave the house much or socialize (at ALL) but my love for Blair Waldorf and Chuck Bass has been re-ignited and it made me realize that TV doesn't have drama shows like that anymore. My favourite films to watch were "Like Sunday Like Rain" and "Me Before You". I've got a bit of a girl crush on both Leighton and Emilia especially Leighton, she's kind of my cool girl idol ( as cheesy as it sounds). If you haven't heard of Like Sunday Like Rain, it's an indie film about music and growing up and adulting. I really enjoyed it. You've probably already heard of/watched 'Me Before You' and I loved it so much that I'm going to have to read the book now. My favourite book was "Eleanor & Park" which is soon going to inspire many Rainbow Rowell purchases because I'm such a Fangirl now. The final mention is to my most used app these past couple of months - Colour Switch. It's a super addictive, smart game which takes a bit of time to get used to but once you do it's difficult to stop playing it. I don't mean to brag but I've finished almost every game mode and we're talking at least "100" levels. Yep, I do need some sort of restraining order from this one, haha!

65 comments

  1. Love your spring favorites! Beautiful photos ,too! :)x

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the aloe range from the Body Shop although I've never tried the night cream - I have the mask and it's sooo nice! I love neckerchiefs at the moment too!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I am actually looking for a mask at the moment. I will need to check that one out.

      Delete
  3. Amazing flat lay! Love these pics girl. Have a fabulous weekend darling!
    Much love, Len
    www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better late than never! :) I need to watch Me Before You, heard amazing things about it.

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pieces! ;)

    http://julianacheva.blogspot.bg/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That red top is so cute! Im still looking for my perfect lace up piece :)
    xoxo

    Ileana

    Novelstyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! x There are so many cute ones. I need a couple more.

      Delete
  7. I love the red top!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also rewatched all of Gossip Girl awhile ago!! It's such a good show and you really can't find anything similar anymore
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Absolutely. It's so exciting to watch them even now x

      Delete
  9. awesome favourites ! i love the striped shirt :) i also love gossip girl i re watch it all the time haha

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yay! It's great to find other people who share my guilty pleasures.

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous picture! I also use a maybelline concealer and it works great! Your red top is so cute, love the front lace up details!


    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Maybelline concealers are really great. I do own so many of their products. I'm obsessed.

      Delete
  11. I love the Maybelline concealer and aloe Vera cream! Such great quality Products! :)

    www.adaydreamortwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photography is stunning! And these favorites look amazing!
    -Kate // www.classyandkate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind of you. I'm still learning though :)

      Delete
  13. Love your list! I loved Me Before You. I'm actually gonna rewatch it soon and the book was amazing, as well. Even more amazing than the film because it's not crammed into two hours, haha.

    xx, Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that bandana - I haven't been able to figure out how to wear mine, but you have inspired me!
    April xx

    | APRIL ROSE PENGILLY |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have done an outfit post on how I style it, you can check that out or there is instagram for endless inspiration x

      Delete
  15. Love these pieces!! Looks so pretty!
    Love,
    Kisses and hugs from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your bandana !

    http://clothespaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have heard only great things about that Fit Me Concealer. It's high time I give it a try myself. Thanks for sharing your faves :)

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com/top-5-white-boohoo-items-for-wimbledon/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the fit me has some great coverage and radiance x

      Delete
  18. So many killer spring faves- great list, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  19. The movie is out? I did not heard of it!! I have been wanting to watch it as soon as I saw the trailer!!

    Love the flat lay!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it came out last month. Go watch it, it's so amazing!

      Delete
  20. The Freedom Decadence Palette looks gorgeous indeed, I'd love to give it a try! And bandanas are huge right now so that was a great pick.
    Omg I LOVE Blair Waldorf, too! My fave character of Gossip Girl by far! Now I feel like rewatching the entire show, haha, I miss it! And I've also watched 'Like Sunday Like Rain' and loved it. At first I startedwatching it because of Leighton Meester but then I thought the sotry was so sweet and unique I got hooked. Beautiful movie, for sure.
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Deb! Haha, I can totally relate with the excitement in your comment and it's great to meet people who actually love the kind of movies I love. "Like Sunday Like Rain" is indeed so beautiful yet underrated.

      Delete
  21. I should really watch the movie "Me before You". I wasnt that excited about it even though I heard it's great. I love the popping color of the blouse! :)

    kandice.me

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing list! I totally binged on Gossip Girl episodes recently too. It's just too easy, that show was so good! I agree that there aren't enough shows like that anymore. I also really miss the OC!
    www.sprinklesandsaturdays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's probably my favourite pastime. I loved the OC as well. Such great shows.

      Delete
  23. Such lovely pieces/products you've got here, girlie! I'm loving your red ruffled top, I've been looking for something like this lately, so pretty and perfect for summer! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. That leopard print sunnies is my fave from your picks. Such a lovely selection!

    <3 | X ALY | Latest: Minimal and Colorful - Banggood Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your photos are amazing! Loved everything xx

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I love your pictures. amazing picks x

    thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh your round of spring must haves is spot on! I have used Fit Me before and for a drugstore brand it is pretty good. And yes I can imagine a heavy cream in humid weather is not fun, I use a lighter night cream in summer as it is quite humid here in the summer.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your flatlay! That red top is so cute, love it and I'm a big fan of the Fit Me Concealer. It's one of my fave drugstore concealer. Great fave! x

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Especially loving those lip colors and neck tie!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.