Crisp White Shirts and Bumblebees

July 24, 2016

White Button Shirt & Navy Skater Skirt Outfit Inspired by Louisa Clarke
White Button Shirt & Navy Skater Skirt Outfit Inspired by Louisa Clarke
White Button Shirt & Navy Skater Skirt Outfit Inspired by Louisa Clarke
(White Button Down Shirt: Pepe Jeans(HERE & HERE) Navy Skater Skirt : HERE& HERE , Red Sandals : Similar HERE)
If you've noticed the lack of fashion posts on the blog, it's because the weather has been horrible for the past couple of weeks but things are finally looking up and I was able to go out, take some pictures and only got rained on "once". Now that's what I call a successful day.
This is clearly a crisp white button down and bumblebee print(out of frame) appreciation post. If you've already got the hint about what on earth is going on here then I'm glad but in case you are still confused, this is an outfit post inspired by Louisa Clarke from Me Before You(played by Emilia Clarke). Yes, I've been talking about it everywhere ever since I saw the film - real life, social media and also mentioned it in my Spring favourites.
That somehow wasn't enough for me so I decided to take 'being a fangirl' to the next level. However, to be fair it was me coming up with this outfit and then going "Oh this is so Louisa Clarke" and not the other way around. The only bit I notoriously added were the "daisy stud earrings" which I already owned & she wears them in a few scenes in the movie. I mean I love a good crisp white button shirt. It's such a staple in my wardrobe. I have a tendency to buy anything that has cute little bows on them so that explains my love for this navy skater skirt and the red kitten heel sandals. I put on my red lipstick. And there it was, a perfect Louisa outfit right there. This is extremely similar to what she wore in the last scene of the movie in Paris. It's such a beautiful scene and Emilia looks beautiful in it. I feel a little lame for not having the read the book before watching it but her fashion is so accurately styled in the movie that I can still understand her character pretty well. And most important of all, I think this outfit so much closer to my personal style and something I would totally wear sans the bumblebee tights which I adore, of course but maybe someday I'll be bold enough to rock them. Someday...
Crisp White Button down shirt
White Button Shirt & Navy Skater Skirt Outfit Inspired by Louisa Clarke
Navy blue pleated bow skirt
White Button Shirt & Navy Skater Skirt Outfit Inspired by Louisa Clarke
Navy blue pleated bow skirt
Red bow kitten heel sandals
Red bow kitten heel sandals
Red bow kitten heel sandals

103 comments

  1. Great post, looking gorg! Happy Sunday! xoxo

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so adorable! I love this outfit a lot and it suits you so well!

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the style! the skirt with blue ribbon on top so cute! nails and the sandals <3 everything fits!

    http://blog.kandice.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot beat a good white shirt! And your red shoes, nails, and lips are the perfect accents.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perf outfit!! Love your red shoes! It perfectly match the entire outfit <33

    she-loves-clothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous outfit. Nothing can beat a crisp white shirt.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this classic combination of colors, you look absolutely fabulous and very ladylike. The red sandals are just gorgeous!!!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This skirt is to dies for, I love the color and the bow in the front. The shoes are also so adorable!

    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so beautiful!! What a gorgeous outfit <3 X

    ReplyDelete
  10. great look! i love that shoes!
    x, Ivana
    www.ivananatashas.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the shirt and the skirt!! Such a lovely look! <3 You're so beautiful!

    Amelia | Amelia Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow such a beautiful look! You look stunning hun!

    Check out my latest post here:
    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a classy look!
    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That skirt is so gorgeous! ^^

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The combination of colours in this post is really lovely; red, white and blue. It's a nautical colour scheme and yet you look so chic and elegant. Such a fab look on you!!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabrielle! I am obsessed with the nautical colour scheme :) x

      Delete
  16. The bow on the skirt is so cute. Major preppy vibes!

    Meghan | BeyondBasicBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes bad weather can be challenging for a blogger. And yes a crisp white shirt is a classic and looks great with everything. And love the red shoes!

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It makes everything so difficult especially when I've also got college to handle. Thank you very much Alicia :)

      Delete
  18. You look really chic and lovely and adorable! <3

    x, Kat of Nested Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very crisp and classic look, lady! And omg, I hate it when weather messes up my blogging haha! Glad you're catching a break! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    NEW URL--> www.gracerock-kellyroll.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so put together and lovely!

    Georgia | The Weekend Attic

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute! Love the daisy earring detail! I still haven't seen the movie... I read the book and it was so sad! :S
    xoxo

    Ileana

    Novelstyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ileana! Yeah it was absolutely sad but such a nice story x

      Delete
  22. Head to toe gorgeous! Your skirt is perfect on you, Babe! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely for your kind comment :)x

      Delete
  23. I haven't seen the movie because I've wanted to read the book first. Maybe I should just go and watch it since I have no time for reading these days!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely read the book before the movie if you can. I was too impatient at the time, haha!x

      Delete
  24. You look so cute!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cool and classy combo! Love the look!
    Kira
    Kira Is Wearing
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a super cute outfit!!

    Hugs,
    Hannie from Missing Wanderer

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your skirt is just so so cute! Lovely outfit x

    eleanorfrances.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I still have yet to watch the film, but I've read the book! Cute outfit and loving your nail colour :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look so pretty and cute! I like the pop of colour your shoes give.

    xo
    http://www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. That outfit is so cute! I have yet to watch the movie Me Before You but have seen preview for it and it looks so good. I need to convince my husband to watch it with me...so far no luck though. LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's a really funny film as well as being sad..maybe he will like it.

      Delete
  31. Your shoes are so cute! And I love how your shoes, nails and lips are the pop of colour in the whole outfit! I need to see the movie, haven't had the chance to do it yet. x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the combo of navy and white because the look is so classy and preppy. The pop of pink in the shoes is just the added flare this outfit needs. So picture perfect! xoxo, Christine
    http://dailykongfidence.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the skirt! You styled this very nicely and I adore the shoes!

    XO Jenn
    http://www.jennsemble.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Loving your elegant and feminine style here, too pretty!
    <3, Sharon
    http://www.sharinaone.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Aaw what a pretty outfit! You look absolutely beautiful dear!
    xx, Carmen - http://www.carmitive.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. The bow detail is so feminine and cute! You look lovely!

    Xo,
    Miki
    http://mikialamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. So pretty look! And palette red+blue+white is so classic and so beautiful!

    http://julianacheva.blogspot.bg/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great pictures babe, Love your shoes!!

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. You look amazing dear! love this style on you!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is such a clean & pretty look. Love it. Have a great weekend :)

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is a stunning outfit, and girlie, don't even get me started on Me Before You. Such a tearjerker and so beautiful. Loving this romantic look so much <3
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nadia! Ah, absolutely but really loved the story as well xx

      Delete
  42. Your outfit is the cutest! You're so beautiful <3
    The Fancy Cats

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the blue bow on the skirt and the red bows on the shoes! Adorable!

    http://www.districthilo.com

    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful outfit darling, love the skirt and shoes! :)

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  45. This skirt is so cute !

    http://clothespaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  46. We love skater skirts and your blue one is gorgeous, nice choice in pairing it with those red heels and white blouse, you look fabulous!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow, how cute! You look so pretty!

    xoxo,
    blog: www.giustinella.blogspot.com
    instagram: www.instagram.com/givstinella
    twitter: www.twitter.com/giustinella

    ReplyDelete
  48. Omg I just love that you have been inspired by Louisa! Great post xo

    shannicealice.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.