My Summer Favourites

September 23, 2016

Wildfire Charm: Summer Favourites 2016
Hey! I've got my seasonal favourites post for you today and although summer is not technically over for me and I still haven't given up on my summer clothes, but its kinda over in the fashion and beauty world. So here's a couple of things that I have been absolutely in love with this summer.

BEAUTY:
Summer usually means minimal makeup for me but when I do want to have some makeup on, I pretty much stick to my everyday face - Fit Me Foundation & Concealor and LA Girl Pro HD Powder. Something that is new to my collection is the LA Girl Pro HD Concealor which has some insane coverage for the under eyes in my opinion. I got the shade "Pure Beige" which is actually a little dark for me (online shopping and concealors don't go hand in hand do they?). I would have preferred a shade or two lighter for that bright look but I've been using it (until I get the lighter shade) under foundation and the fit me concealor brightens everything up on top. Something to keep in mind if you've got a wrong shade yourself. 
Next up is my Perfect Red Lip duo, that I blogged about earliar in the month. I've fallen head over heels in love with this combination as it makes for the perfect blue based red from the drugstore. It makes my teeth look whiter and also really brightens up a makeup look. Although I usually stay minimal for summer I still like a little bit of glow and it makes all the difference. I've been reaching for my Makeup Revolution Breathe Highlighter pretty consistently and it looks like I haven't even used much. It's one of my favourite highlighters because it's not shimmery at all, just glowy and supposed to be a dupe for the Hourglass powders.

SKIN:
The Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser is what I got last minute in a mini size because I was going to be travelling the next day but it has stuck with me and become my everyday face wash for the season. It doesn't make me oily throughout the day which is very important to me for my skin and also doesn't break me out. It's perfect for taking off last bits of makeup at the end of the day which tend to stay on when you lazily removed your makeup the night before which I am guilty of sometimes.
The next most useful thing is my Gillette Venus Razor which is what I often use when I'm in a hurry (and I'm always running late). I had sworn off razors because of my sensitive skin but this completely changed my mind. I like to change out the blades every 5-8 uses so I get a close shave every time. Now it's become a staple in my collection and I have been reaching for it much more this season. 

HAIR:
The Batiste mini dry shampoo in Cherry is such a staple when the weather's humid and you've got fine hair like me.I'm not gonna lie, it's a great dry shampoo but I've been using it so much as a hair perfume too because it smells divine and actually lasts a long time. So I'll sometimes spray this on as a lift me up for my hair. It doesn't leave any white flakes on my hair after brushing it out and I have quite dark hair naturally so that's a plus.
Wildfire Charm: Summer Favourites 2016
FASHION:
I have too many fashion favourites for the season so I won't be able to include every single one but I'll mention a few that I loved the most. First off, this cute blue satchel or any mini satchel has been my go-to bag to carry around. I'm trying to keep it minimal when it comes to things I carry around in my purse and that has led to quite a few mini purse purchases this season. There's also this black saddle bag from an outfit on the blog that I've really been loving. Just any tiny, cute purse is what I grab every time I go out shopping and if it's in a fun colour, it's even better. A wide brimmed hat is also such a great addition for the season. This one's black and probably not too summery but it goes with all my accessories so I couldn't justify getting a different one.

RANDOM BITS:
Now onto my favourite portion of these posts - the random things that I fall in love with almost everyday in my life and I love knowing what other people are loving as well. "All The Bright Places" by Jennifer Niven gets a spot without a doubt. I have been on the bandwagon of reading similar teen love stories ever since I put down "Eleanor & Park" by Rainbow Rowell. It totally sparked up a different side of me that enjoys this genre all over again. That's probably because I was yet to discover little gems like these which are not predictable and are beautiful stories that adults can enjoy too. 
The whole rewatching Gilmore Girls thing happend. I literally spent a major chunk of my summer watching it and reliving all the cool moments and it was like getting hit by a nostalgia train and I loved it.
A couple of tunes I am absolutely obsessed with - Dua Lipa's Hotter than Hell and Alex Goot's cover with some other Youtubers of "Let me Love You". Trust me when I say its amazing because I've heard the original by Justin Bieber only once but I constantly listen to this cover.
Wildfire Charm: Summer Favourites 2016
And that wraps up my favourites for the season. I hope you enjoyed reading this!

48 comments

  1. It is so amazing how summer went so fast. I would love to be back but I am also super happy Fall is here. I loved the things you picked!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is so cute! I love Batiste dry shampoos and sometimes just use them for their scent too! The coconut one is my fave :)
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! I haven't tried that one yet..Obsessed with cherry at the moment x

      Delete
  3. I really want to get my hands on the LA Girl concealer as I see so many YT'ers rave about it!

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to read all the bright places for ages now!!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the whole of Gilmore Girls this summer and absolutely fell in love with it, I can't wait for the revival!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so funny! I'm also watching Gilmore Girls...and it is once again super addicting!
    Also, I really wanna check that book! :)
    xoxo

    Ileana

    Novelstyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I can't believe how fast I finished 6 seasons x

      Delete
  7. I adore the blue satchel it's SO cute! I'm in need of a bag that has a pop of colour and this one is perfect for A/W!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute sharing!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    IG @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely favourites! I couldn't be without the Batiste dry shampoo! x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, you have gotta love the Batiste. It's a life saver!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also liked Gilmore Girls! And I use a razor too, although I don't have much to shave on my legs, thankfully. Twice a month and it takes only 2 minutes, so rare the hair is :) I have discovered your blog through "call me Amy", and you look so similar to another blogger I know, maybe you are sisters - do you have one? You look beautiful! Hope you have a very nice week!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can never find the Makeup Revolution highlighter in stock, it sounds really lovely :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flatlays are so pretty! That Batiste dry shampoo is one of my absolute beauty necessities.

    xx
    Gem
    www.milkwhitemoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Need to check out the Makeup Revolution highlighters so bad! Don't think I could commit to spending so much on the Hourglass ones if these are just as good!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Summer just flew by and we are already in Fall. Love your seasonal picks :)
    http://yourbeautyjournal.com/nyx-liquid-crystal-liner-in-crystal-silk-review/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great fav post, thanks for sharing your opinions!
    Fabrizia - Cosa Mi Metto???

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Gilette Venus. It really is the best razor I've tried.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know what you mean about summer not really being over. I live in SoCal and we're actually going through a heat wave right now! (not to mention the seasons blend right into each other.) I've heard Batiste is a really good dry shampoo - once mine runs out I'll have to try it out for myself!

    Sam | My Beauty Cloud

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post, it’s so interesting to see what kinds of things people are loving at the moment. I’m glad there’s a book thrown in there too!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovee love these summer favourites! Especially the bag, so cute :)

    Aicha | The Fashion Heist

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post! Love all the products!

    http://curlyjosephine.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the blue bag! Nice post! Have a nice week!
    http://fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. That bag is so cute! Love the beauty products!
    Kira
    Kira Is Wearing
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved your faves! That bag is so cute and I love that cream cleanser from Neutrogena, it's so good! :)

    she-loves-clothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I need to try that cleanser! I've heard so many good things. Thanks for sharing.
    www.sprinklesandsaturdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those skin care products intrigue me the most! Thanks for sharing! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.gracerock-kellyroll.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This tiny blue saddle bag is such a sweet way of carrying around just a couple of essentials while out running errands or something - lovely! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely favourites and love the blue bag! Where I am we are getting in to Fall here. x

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would like to try the Neutrogena cleanser. I love their handcreams and I'm very impressed by them.

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that bright blue! It is such a lovely hue and your favourites are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing I love your photos :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2016/09/shes-got-look.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. The cherry flavour Batiste is so nice! I love the little blue bag x

    eleanorfrances.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great favourites, but I can't help but love that cute bag! <3

    Stacey + thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I adore FitMe concealer and Instant Age Rewind too, both are pretty much my ride or die concealers.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  34. can't believe summer is already over!! It seems like it just started. I love that blue purse! I want to carry less stuff around but I always seem to overstuff my purses and end up having to use a bigger one regardless. I've listened to Alex Goot's covers before on YouTube and they are always so talented! I haven't listened to the latest one yet though. But I definitely love listening to covers a ton because they put such a cool spin on the originals.
    I hope you are having a great day!

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very interesting post!! And the idea to share seasonal favorites is great! ;)

    http://julianacheva.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love that makeup revolution highlighter! It's seriously underrated. That L.A Girl concealer is everything as well!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh very cute items darling!
    I really want read that book
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love this post!
    www.moorehisstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. that is such a cute bag!!
    kisses from the sandpits of dubai ❤️
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.