Ruffled Smock Dress

September 30, 2016

Blue Ruffled Flouncy Button Down Smock Dress
Blue Ruffled Flouncy Button Down Smock Dress Rosegal
Pastel Blue Ruffled Collar
I took a small break from studying only to write this post. Although I've been preparing from the last two days for this exam on Saturday. I found myself daydreaming, taking a trip to the fridge and posting on instagram more often than ever, Haha. So I thought I might as well do something productive when I'm taking a break. 

This is going to be one of my last few summer posts before I dive into the autumn-swing-of-things. What drew me to this dress is obviously the ruffles in the collar. I mean I'm pretty much ready to wear anything if it has ruffles on but it sometimes it makes an outfit a bit over the top for a standard. sweltering summer day. I think a lot of people shy away from them for that very reason. Ruffles make an outfit glamourous for sure but I like this dress for styling it the minimal way.
It is very simple, one colour dress and in the prettiest pastel powder blue colour too (which is a little nurse uniform chic, some might say). It has buttons down the front and sleeves like a button down which really tones down the outfit. These smock style of dresses are kind of my favourite because it doesn't cling to any spots I don't want to draw attention to and is the easiest thing to wear in the summer. Also, if anyone's wondering about the material, it is very soft and made from a cotton blend and I found it quite comfortable to wear throughout the day.

I like how this dress paired with my black sneakers and a little mini backpack to match and I'm ready to go!
Blue Ruffled Flouncy Button Down Smock Dress
(Blue Ruffled Smock Dress : Rosegal* | Mini Backpack : Forever 21(Similar HERE) | Shoes : Converse )
Mini Black Backpack Forever 21
Pastel Blue Smock Dress with mini backpack
Black Converse, Smock Dress and Mini Backpack

38 comments

  1. The dress is such a lovely colour and I love the collar! Even though it's summery I think you could definitely wear it with tights through autumn/winter!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this outfit, it looks so cute on you and love how you styled it.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so simple but beautiful.
    P.S Would you like to follow me back?
    https://glaringwaves.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is super cute! It's currently Spring where I live so I love the colour for that season
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! Yes, this colour is perfect for spring! :) x

      Delete
  5. This dress is super cute! I like it a lot and it looks great on you! xoxo

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute dress and love the color!

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! I love wearing ruffles as well. I agree that they do add a bit of glamour to an outfit. I like how you paired it with the sneakers to make it more casual.

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look absolutely adorable darling. Love this look on you!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Much love, Len
    www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome outfit dear. Dress fits you so good :)
    http://thebeautyofstylefashionblog.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit, love the little backpack <3
    FashionDRA

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so lovely in this pastel dress :)

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so beautiful in this dress! OMG! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful look hun!! You are stunning

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the mini bag! And I find myself often getting distracted by my blog instead of studying too! Haha :P

    xoxo,
    Amber
    http://www.loveambervictoria.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. fab post, you look great!x
    www.basicallyalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. The dress is so cute! Such a beautiful colour! You look gorgeous!

    http://dreahale.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That dress looks perfect for everyday wear! Love the soft colour.


    www.adaydreamortwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful dress :)

    Nice blog !

    http://modefemme.blogspot.pe/

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.