Rewatching Gilmore Girls in 2016

September 6, 2016

Rewatching Gilmore Girls in 2016 Flatlay Coffee quotes
Yes, as you can see from the title, I did it. I rewatched seven seasons of nostalgic episodes in about two months and oh boy, it was so so good to be back in Stars Hollow. Finding Gilmore Girls episodes online was really difficult until now. I’m so glad Netflix picked it up because I could catch up with all the episodes uninterrupted by anything and yeah I’ve been guilty of watching 8 episodes a day sometimes. I've got my coffee in my hand and ready to share some thoughts after rewatching this beloved series because frankly there were so many moments that I had forgotten and it was great watching them all back. I needed to get back on track before the “Year in the Life” special!

1. Tristan being the bad guy in the first two seasons just caught me off guard now. I hated him before but it was extremely difficult to hate him now that he has been glorified in my mind as Lucas Scott (from One Tree Hill)

2. Stars Hollow is the cutest town ever. I loved every little shop and landmarks in the town. The “Bluebell” from Hart of Dixie ( another one of my absolute favourites) shares the same set as Stars Hollow. Hart of Dixie recently finished in 2014 and I could almost imagine Zoe Hart popping up at the town square or on the streets. It was all so fresh in my mind.

3.I love how ironic it is that “Dean” from Gilmore Girls ended up playing the brother to one famous “Dean Winchester” *Swoons* Also, Dean is my favourite from all of  Rory’s boyfriends. Update: I'm a leaning towards Jess now..anyone but Logan.

4.“I had the same pants in High School. I’m in again” – Lorelai when she was visiting Harvard with Rory.
I wonder what Lorelai would say if she saw everything in the shops since the last year or so. Mock neck tops, chokers, choker neck tops, flared jeans, wrap dresses..Omg,It’s Lorelai everything. She would freak out!

5.How many jobs does Kirk work? I remember an episode where someone actually kept count of it but God knows how many more he worked after that. That man is unstoppable.

6.The Friday Night Dinners were possibly some of the funniest scenes, especially in the first three seasons. I loved when they went to those and they always ended up in drama. I actually missed Emily’s character when Lorelai would fight with them over periods of time. Kelly Bishop is fantastic in it!

7.Rory’s graduation speech from Chilton is one of my personal favourite speeches by Rory. It’s actually one of those very few moments when I actually shed tears for a drama show( that I’ve already seen before)
Rewatching Gilmore Girls in 2016 Flatlay Coffee quotes
8.The chemistry between Rory and Logan was sort of lacking from day one, in my opinion and I had expected them to break up long before they did. He just didn’t match up to the dreamy Dean and Jess. 

9.Lane Kim was probably one of the most badass girls on the show. I love how her character matured and she did these crazy things in spite of having a strict mom and also married Zach, a rock musician. She and Rory have the most perfect friendship too.

 10.The character certificate that Lorelai writes for Luke is such a pivotal scene to the plot. I loved the letter. It was so honest and sweet and gave me some good old season 1 flashbacks.

11.I really thought that the last time Lor gets together with Chris will be forever and they’ll actually end up happy together in a long-lost-lovers-unite and Ross and Rachel kinda way but I was pleasantly surprised that the writers of the show didn’t take that route. I’m so glad Luke Danes is the one but I wish they’d shown a little more about what happens with them.

12.When Emily Gilmore says to Rory, “So this is it. This is the last time we’ll see you for who knows how long”. That was such an emotional moment and it finally sinks in that the show is over. ( Thank God I’m in 2016 and that in fact means I’ve only got to wait 2 months but will it ever be the same?)

13.The Bon Voyage party is one of the best episodes of the entire show and obviously so because I live for mushy farewells and series finales. Everyone being involved in a town event one last time was so much fun to watch.

They don’t make such shows anymore. If you ask me to name some cool crime/mystery shows to watch, I can give you 5 off the top of my head. But if you’re talking about drama shows that make you feel all warm and fuzzy, I’ll be at a loss of words. It was so great watching the series again. It has some great laughs, insanely quotable scenes and one of the most amazing mother-daughter relationships on screen. Stay tuned for more gushing…come November 25!

What to read next?
Five Scenes in the Gilmore Girls Revival that made me cry

66 comments

  1. Fabulous post. It's fun and I'm glad I read it.
    I never heard of a show because I don't have so much time to watch TV but I'll have it on my mind.
    Would you like to follow me back?
    www.glaringwaves.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Gilmore Girls, I didn't watch it when I was younger but now I'm on season 2. Stars Hollow is the cutest little town and I actually got to see the café in real life when I visited the Warner Brothers Studios - I definitely had a fangirl moment. Oh and I'm loving these Friday night dinners too haha xx

    113thingstosay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah,I hope you enjoy watching them then! I'm so jealous. I would love to go on that little tour someday xx

      Delete
  3. I always hear Gilmore Girls but I never watched an episode (I'm such a 90's kid haha). BTW, I love your blog so much! It's so pretty to look at. :)

    Melissa the Mermaid ♥
    Follow me in Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never got into GG the first time around- and now I have the chance to get addicted! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love the show, need to watch it on Netflix.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! I have heard of the show and have actually seen a few episodes when it was initially on TV but never really gotten into it. Now that it's on Netflix, I may try and watch it and see what's it's all about!

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yeah you should watch a couple of episodes and see if you like it.

      Delete
  7. Interesting write up pretty, never heard of the show before but will like do watch it.Thanks for sharing dear.

    www.tessyonyia.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I haven't watched that show in so long.

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never watched Gilmore Girls, but I'm really tempted to start!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should start it before the special episode x

      Delete
  10. sounds interesting. would love to watch it.

    Wendee//theglossychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dean is my favorite too!! I just can not wait for the new seasons to come on!!!

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is too funny. I hate to admit that I never watched Gilmore Girls. Yikes! But one good one I liked was Friday Night Lights. =) xoxo, Christine
    http://dailykongfidence.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that show. Will look into it :)

      Delete
  13. Looks so nice and funny! I never watched it but I should give it a try!

    http://violettedaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stars hollow is adorable! I'm looking forward to the new episodes!
    A Blushing Beauty Blogx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to watch the show when it first aired but didn't like it as much. I might give it another go.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really loved Gilmore girls back then. Everything from the theme song.I'd certainly rewatch it too.
    sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so young when I watcheg gilmore girls !
    Definitely have to watch all the episodes in Netflix;
    Netflix is so amazing.
    Such a great post about it.
    xx,
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Margot! It was great to relive all the cool quotes and moments xx

      Delete
  18. Quite embarrassed to say this, but I've never seen Gilmore Girls! Maybe the new season might inspire me to go back and watch them all!

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's only going to be four episodes but fingers crossed, it's just as good x

      Delete
  19. I hear people talk about this show all the time, but I have never watched. Maybe one of these days I will have to go on a binger and watch it =)
    xoxo, Simona and Indre
    https://sistertalessite.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing post dear :)


    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never watched Gilmore Girls before although it was a big thing for people to watch around me. But to be honest I've never been one to binge watch any tv shows. I have however started watching a bit of Friends and it has it's moments lol.

    Stacey + thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love FRIENDS too! Gilmore Girls is very nice feel good show for me and love the characters :)

      Delete
  22. I can hardly remember Gilmore Girls! But this post makes me want to watch all the old tv shows now Dawson’s Creek & One Tree Hill haha Thanks for sharing these moments.

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yes..One Tree Hill! Might binge watch it next when I have the time :)

      Delete
  23. I never got into this show when it aired on TV. Something about the characters REALLY irritated me LOL. Maybe being slightly older I might actually enjoy and appreciate it more. I'll have to see if I can find any eps to binge on

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! Yeah some people do say that about it too but they're just funny in a goofy way and it's definitely not everyone's thing. :) Maybe you can watch the new special episode that's coming up and decide if you like it!

      Delete
  24. I just finished rewatching, and I've had so many of the same thoughts. It's so interesting to have an older perspective to for opinions on characters, and I love picking out the little inconsistencies throughout the show. It still makes me feel so warm and fuzzy though. I've loved this post!

    Amber | y a c h t s m a a n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely lovely! :) I agree, I realized so many plot holes after watching the show but it was great nonetheless xx

      Delete
  25. Is Gilmore Girls really a fun show? I've been seeing a lot of it in the Facebook Planning Groups I belong to and then I read the post. It's really making me curious!!!

    Rej // superaena.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's quite a funny show but its a very different kind of humour from shows now so that may be a thing to consider :) x

      Delete
  26. I binge watched Gilmore Girls the summer before college, but I haven't watched it since and I'm starting my junior year of college! Maybe I'll give it a rewatch over Fall Break :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ohhh, I really want to watch the show again. Netfix is great for allowing us to enjoy it again. And I also enjoyed Hart of Dixie. She always had such great outfits! :)
    Ivona from www.thesmokedetector.net
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, so great to meet similar minds. Both of these shows are close to my hear and yes Zoe's outfits were amazing x

      Delete
  28. That was such a good show. I've been binging on Lost lately lol.

    XoXo Noma

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sounds like a great show! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. I rewatched the whole series this year too! I'm really looking forward to seeing The Gilmore Girls revival. I'm on holidays in the states now and am going to Warner bros in LA especially to see the Gilmore girls set.


    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, yay! I'm so excited as well. You're so lucky you got to visit the sets. I'd love to one day :)

      Delete
  31. I have to admit that I never really watched Gilmore Girls. But now I feel I am part of a crowd hahaha You can take part in my Travel Tag and win till 15.09.16! Best Wishes, Iga x http://igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.