My Birthday Resolutions

October 4, 2016


My Birthday Resolutions
The prettiest birthday card from my Grandma. It's a tradition to get the cutest cards from her every year. 
My birthday was yesterday, the 3rd of October which is partly the reason why the month of October gets me sooo excited! A birthday is the accurate beginning of a new  year to me. I find it very difficult to stick to new year’s resolutions so here’s a different edition for the beginning of another year in my life. 

I had a wonderful day yesterday! Lots of wishes from friends and family & lots of my instagram pals, good food, lots of cake and also managed to squeeze in Bridget Jones Baby into all of this which absolutely made my day. It was such a funny film and good ol' romantic comedies don't come out as much anymore. So I was so glad I could catch it before it went out of theatres. I am writing this on the  4th , one day after my birthday. I decided to sit down, write about a few things I want to achieve in the coming year.

1. I want to switch up my posting schedule a little bit from the coming month and I’m planning to post a little more frequently. Running a blog really takes up a lot of my time and I’ve been feeling inconsistent lately so I’m going to get things up and going pretty soon.  I need to find a routine that’s realistic and actually works for me. 

2. I’ve been on a huge health kick this year. Not the kind where I spend hours in the gym (I don’t). I have really been incorporating healthy eating habits and simple exercise and have been able to lose 10 pounds this year. My final goal is to lose 6 more pounds and then I’ll reach my goal weight. I have been attempting to do this very gradually and through healthy eating only. (no crash diets) which is why it's taking me much longer but I think it has been worth the wait so far.

3.Read more books! – Here comes the clichéd point that makes it to everyone’s resolutions list but this one’s something I’m serious about. I love reading and have been always been such an avid reader but lately I’ve found myself reading very few books. The decline from reading 4 books a month to possibly 5-6 books a year has been very drastic for me. I blame time issues for it because I have been consumed with university, running a blog and just basic life things. I feel like I need to get back into the reading habit and try reading at least one book a month to begin with.

That's all! I decided to keep these resolutions short and achievable which I think is way more motivating for next year as well. Thank you to everyone who reads my blog/comments on it and anyone who wished me on social media yesterday. I couldn't be more thankful to have people from all over the world connecting with me in a way that I could have never imagined.

54 comments

  1. Your resolutions sound great! You have my whole respect for your healthy lifestyle, I'm sure you are gonna do great!
    xx, Carmen - http://www.carmitive.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! Your resolutions are cool!! I also need to read more books!!

    www.stayclassi.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! I'm sorry for not not congratulating you sooner, yesterday was a veeeery busy day :/ Anyways, I wish you the best with your resolutions. I want to read more books too but I just don't find time for them. x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leta! :) Not a problem at all! I agree, it can be so hard these days because there's so many shows and just life to distract us.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday dear! I hope you will have motivation to do all that :)
    http://thebeautyofstylefashionblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv d resolutions and your blog dear...xoxo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of birthday resolutions! I should have done that this year :)

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!!! I wish you lucky with your resolutions! I'm trying to read more books too, but I'm almost always busy so it's a little hard :)

    she-loves-clothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lu! :) Haha, absolutely. I feel the same way.

      Delete
  8. Great resolutions! happy Birthday!!

    xo SABRINA | GYPSY TAN

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg I do Birthday Resolutions too. I thought I was the only one! Happy Birthday and good luck with them

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I explicitly only do birthday resolutions. Nothing else haha x

      Delete
  10. Happy birthday for yesterday! I saw Bridget Jones' diary yesterday and it was so good wasn't it! Good resolutions, good luck keeping them up!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Yes it was too funny and brilliant to be honest. Enjoyed watching it so much xx

      Delete
  11. 2 and 3 are totally me right now. I'm working on my reading. Wishing you all the best, beautiful. You can do it! :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! You have the same one as my mom
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also make resolutions in my birthday, are more like "things I need to achieve in the year" so glad that you share yours.
    PS. I also want to read more books each time :P



    www.heresometimes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's how I see them too. Thank you for commenting :)

      Delete
  14. Ahh congrats on the weight loss!! You look amazing no matter what though :)

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday & hope you had a great one :D Good luck with your goals! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Belated Birthday. I hope you achieve your goals.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated birthday, lovely!! Since I have been off social media I missed it. Hope you had an amazing time (sounds like you did) ;)
    I love your goals & definitely could get on board with the blog related one as I've been lacking consistency. I think the full time job + family life + the need to enjoy things IRL (offline) causes me to jump off the track. I have been drawing up the plan how to keep up :)
    Blogging is an incredible thing though. You'd never imagine how many amazing people you could connect with. It's just the best :D
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nadia. Not a problem at all :) I absolutely agree. Blogging goals get harder to keep when life's so busy all the time but I hope we make it through and get more consistent again xx

      Delete
  18. Happy belated birthday! I hope you fulfill your resolutions! :) x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! Some really valuable tips :)

    Sophie x
    www.sophieandsofie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday, dear! Let it be all that you have planned!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the way you are thinking! Happy birthday and good luck with your resolutions.

    Love,

    www.miraaksoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday! Enjoy life.
    https://glaringwaves.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy late birthday! Mines too this month ;) I also saw this Bridget Jones movie and it made me laugh so much! couldn't think of a better movie to see on your day :p I think I will take your idea and make some birthday resolutions this year, I like the one of reading more books, its the perfect season for that now :)

    Have a great Friday!
    ♥ Josune @ Your Beauty Script

    http://yourbeautyscript.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josune! Haha, I agree. It was such a fun movie and after all these years, the series really kept up it's name don't you think? Renee was amazing :)

      Delete
  24. Happy late birthday! Hope you had wonderful day x

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy belated birthday dear :)

    http://serenesparkle.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  26. #3 :) Read more books! I love books too. I hope you're able to read many more.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ah I need to read more books as well! I shamefully have only read one book this year.

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.