NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette : Warm Neutrals Review + Swatches

October 22, 2016

Nyx Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals Review
I may have let on a little sneak peek of this picture in my 'Mysteries of Instagram' post on my blog last week because I couldn't contain the excitement of adding a new autumn palette to my collection. I know this was more of a Spring/Summer release but I only just snagged the NYX Ultimate Palette in Warm Neutrals and couldn't help but notice that it has all the golds, reds and browns to make it a great autumn palette( and just every season really!). I am a huge fan of this brand and have been one ever since I tried out their jumbo eye pencils in 2011. I'm so happy to see them come out with amazing, exciting products so that I can make my collection 40% NYX . So let's get into the review!
NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals Review
Nyx Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals Review
When this palette came in the mail, I was expecting it to be much bigger as you do with any standard 16 shade palette but I was pleasantly surprised at the size. It's quite small and compact and so much easier to hold for people like me who have smashed endless amounts of makeup by dropping them. The packaging is plastic with a transparent lid so that all the shades are visible. I think it looks way more sleek when compared to the cardboard packacing which I'm not a fan of at all. The shade selection is amaaaazzzing! It has such a good variety of browns and reds and golds. It's predominantly matte which I personally prefer and a few sparkly shades like the rose gold one in the second row is really nice.

I will say though pigmentation wise not all the lighter shades are equally as good. I was not very pleased with the first row of whites & creams. They just provide a very sheer wash of colour on my eyelids and if that's what you're looking for then well and good but I prefer a little more pigmentation for a clean base to start with as I do have quite dark eyelids. A super glowly/shimmery white shade is mising to brighten up the inner corner. I just use a highlighter in this case. That being said, the matte darker shades are the bomb! I think they are amazing quality, very buttery and blend like a dream. They are so pigmented that it picks up a good amount of colour with the lightest tap of the brush on the shadow. 

All these shades would suit people with a warm undertone so perfectly and I love that it has some mauvey shades in the second row as well which is very much on trend right now but the usual mauve toned palettes don't always suit my undertone. I love that these actually look good on me. I have oily eyelids and I had these eyeshadows on my lids for 13 hours one time last week and it didn't crease on me which was a miracle. Usually after 8 hours most shadows tend to crease on me. I had mainly used the matte shadows and only one shimmer - the gold one as I believe the bottom 2 rows of the palette are where the good ones are at.

A great palette in all. The price on the Nyx website is $18 which is an amazing price point for a product like this, especially when the quality is amazing and better than almost any eye shadow palettes I've tried lately from the drugstore brands. There are 3 other variations of this palette one for smokey eyes, one for bright looks and one for cool toned shadows but in my opinion this one is the most versatile and wearable for a lot of people and skintones. I won't be picking up the others.
If you're looking for an inexpensive palette to create some autumnal looks, this guy is your hero!
Nyx Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals Review
Nyx Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals Swatches

44 comments

  1. Ahh these are SUCH perfect colours for autumn! Love it, I bet you'll get so much use out of it!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors, the swatches look so pigmented!!


    X MEREL
    WWW.ANDATHOUSANDWORDS.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the darker shades in this. So perfect for fall!
    Dora
    http://www.adropofindigo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this palette looks nice! love the colors!

    http://villemo20.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful shades! I'd probably use the less pigmented lighter shades to blend with just so they're not wasted, but even then, $18 for 12 shades is still a steal!! [although I'm in the UK so it probably works out at about £12-15]. Lovey post x x

    Jamie-Leigh
    http://missjamieleigh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie for the tip! That's a great way to use them. I still use them for the browbone and layer a highlighter on top if needed. x

      Delete
  6. This is such a gorgeous palette! I also love using my LA Girl Pro Conceal.
    x Rivania | The Glam Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  7. These products look Amazing! I really want to try them!

    Love,

    Lucrezia ♥ (http://www.lucreziacandelori.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks amazing, I might need to try it out soon :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the colors in the palette. This palette is definitely great for the Fall season. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The palette sounds pretty nice and versatile. This is a really helpful review!

    Amber | y a c h t s m a a n

    ReplyDelete
  11. These colors look beautiful and totally my style too. You can never go wrong with brown and bronze colors in the palette.

    http://www.districthilo.com

    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the perfect autumn palette! x
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous autumn colours! x
    http://ablushingbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just saw this palette in a youtube video and I really want to have it now, it looks so gorgeous! You have a great blog, would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect colors for autumn! A great eye palette! xoxo

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that palette looks amazing! I love the colors and the swatches look like they are really pigmented! :)

    WWW.MARIANNYC.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariann! I was really impressed with the pigmentation xx

      Delete
  17. So cool colours of eye shadows!

    http://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a gorgeous palette! those colours are all so wearable as well. I haven't tried NYX products before, I really ought to!

    hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You def need to try their products, you'll be in love Haha :)x

      Delete
  19. Oh this palette looks absolutely beautiful! I love those earth tones - they're perfect for fall :)
    xx, Carmen - http://www.carmitive.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooooh! I'm loving those colors <3 I'll be on the lookout for this palette!

    Xoxo,
    www.fashionlingual.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. NYX is definitely one of my favourite brands. This palette is gorgeous, on my wish list! x

    hannahsnotebook.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. the colors look really lovely! It partially reminds me of the chocolate bar palette from Too Faced :)

    http://thewonderfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Wildfire Charm. Design by FCD.